CARMERA (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Woven Planet, a Toyota subsidiary, is building the safest mobility in the world to transform how we live, work, and move. For nearly a century Toyota has delivered products and services that improve lives. We are continuing that legacy by focusing on automated driving, smart cities, and robotics with safety, reliability, and connection in mind. Together we will weave Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship to realize the dream for a better life for all people.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
As a result, we are hiring a second Site Reliability Engineer to focus on designing, building and maintaining our software and data infrastructure. In this role you will regularly make key contributions to all core components of CARMERA’s technology. If you are someone who enjoys building iteratively, even before the perfect, well-defined solution reveals itself, can complete tasks quickly and autonomously and feels energized when you encounter novel problems that require innovative solutions, this is the role you’ve been looking for.
We are seeking a passionate self-starter with an interest in new technologies who will make a substantial impact on autonomous vehicles.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- You will build systems for programmatically deploying infrastructure and software
- You will define standard methodologies for security, deployability, and testability
- You will evaluate and establish solutions for Continuous Deployment, auto-scaling, and observability
We’d love to hear from you (required) if:
- You have completed a BS/MS degree in computer science or have equivalent related work experience
- You have professional experience with container orchestration and cloud infrastructure automation
- You are experienced with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby or Bash
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- You have good knowledge of Python, OO building Libraries
- You have experience with Docker, Terraform, and AWS
- You have proven track record of delivering distributed systems
Benefits & Perks: We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for birthing mothers | 18 weeks for non-birthing parents)
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
- Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
- We’re mostly working remotely, but expect to return to office in a hybrid capacity that emphasis flexible working norms and time-off
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Backup child/elder care
- Monthly home office stipend
- Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
- Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
If you are interested in being considered, please take a second to share more about yourself.
INSIDER TIP: Want to elevate your application to the top? A well articulated response to the question about Related Experience is the best way to guarantee an interview.
*This position is open to be US-remote, but candidates residing in the greater Seattle, San Francisco or NYC areas are strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. Furthermore, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.