Repair the World (51-200 Employees, 74% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Repair the World mobilizes Jews and their communities to take action to pursue a just world, igniting a lifelong commitment to service. We believe service in support of social change is vital to a flourishing Jewish community and an inspired Jewish life. By 2030, Repair will inspire and catalyze one million acts of service towards repairing the world.
Repair is building a national Jewish service movement that mobilizes young adults to serve in their communities, catalyzes service through deep partnerships within Jewish communal organizations, and inspires people to take action through time-bound thematic national service campaigns, digital engagement, and service. Repair impacts individuals and neighborhoods, amplifies the influence of local service organizations, and builds bridges across communities.
Repair the World is hiring a data-driven and creative full-time Social Media and Marketing Associate. The Associate will function as a key supporting role in Repair’s storytelling and marketing through social media efforts across multiple stakeholder groups, including participants, board members, donors, partners, corps members, fellows, and staff. The associate will function as a capacity builder for the Marketing and Communications team, reporting to the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager.
The Social Media and Marketing Associate focuses on the impact Repair the World has on participants, partner organizations, and the communities we serve through storytelling to grow brand awareness and interest in Repair the World. Responsibilities include:
- Social Media (40%):
- Maintain and build out the organization’s social media calendar, creating and scheduling posts across Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram — including the management of our national Instagram takeovers
- Develop social media strategies and toolkits for Repair the World initiatives including the Fellowship, Service Corps, fundraising, and service campaigns
- Support our local communities by ensuring fresh and timely content is posted across all of our community social media channels and onboard mobilize staff into our national social media scheduler
- Act as a social media community manager by responding to comments and questions on Repair’s national social media channels (largely Facebook and Instagram)
- Request and manage user-generated content (videos and photos) from communities and reshare across our social media
- Provide social media analysis after specific digital campaigns and at the end of each quarter, based on metrics and industry best practices, containing data-driven recommendations for improvements to Repair’s social media strategy
- Storytelling (30%) – support the work of helping our Board, staff, and alumni to be stronger brand ambassadors, storytellers, and support a culture of philanthropy across the organization:
- Support and manage interviews with staff, partners, fellows, corps members, and supporters to hear and collect stories from across the organization
- Build and post snippets from our stories across social media to help build a more comprehensive brand of storytelling across our work and to help highlight Repair the World’s dual impact on program participants and the community organizations they serve
- Utilize video and photos to bolster our storytelling work across our digital platforms, with the expectation that every community will have professional photos taken at least once per year, and that each community will collect and share videos from their work
- Support our team in helping them to collect and maintain stories from their communities and ensure that stories are being elevated throughout our major digital campaigns
- Department Support (30%):
- Track all press released about Repair the World and share relevant articles on social, in addition to adding them to our website
- Manage the day to day updating of our WordPress website, including keeping our stories and press up to date on the site
- Additional support work as needed, including website maintenance, image and content folders in google drive, supporting Repair’s marketing needs with a customer service mentality, etc
- Minimum 2 years experience in social media and digital communications
- Proficient communication skills, specifically around clear, compelling, and persuasive copywriting for digital
- Working knowledge of social media trends and best practices; ability to navigate social media platforms and scheduling with fluency
- Understanding of WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
- Highly organized with a keen ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with a curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Commitment to data-driven decision making
- Digital advertising experience, including Google AdWords, SEO, and Facebook Business Ads Manager
- Strong understanding and commitment to working through a social and racial justice lens
- Understanding of concepts like A/B testing, across social media, and website
- Graphic design: experience with Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Passion for Repair the World’s mission and organizational values that guide our work with the frame of repairing the world (Tikkun Olam) leading to the pursuit of justice (Tzedek).
Compensation at Repair the World is determined based on salary band for the role and location. The starting salary for this role, dependent on location, is $42,000 – $52,000.
Benefits package includes paid time off for service in addition to vacation and holidays, employer pays 100% for employee medical/dental/vision coverage and 50% for dependents, retirement matching, and professional development funds. In addition, employees that have been with Repair for at least a year are eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume here. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis. The position is expected to begin immediately, although some flexibility may be available for the right candidate.
The process for the hired applicant will include:
- Submission of thoughtful and concise Cover Letter and Resume. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Why is storytelling through social media important in nonprofit marketing strategies?
- Applicants moved forward will have a first round interview with a member of Repair’s Operations team.
- Applicants who are moved to a second round will interview with the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager and the Marketing and Recruitment Associate.
- The final candidate will meet with either the Chief Strategy Officer or Senior Director of Digital Strategy.
- Two professional references will be requested before the final round of the interview process.
Repair the World Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.