Acala (51-200 Employees, 247% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About AcalaAcala’s mission is to build and nurture the autonomous financial infrastructure of the decentralized web. Delivering on this mission will bring more financial accessibility, opportunity, and prosperity to everyone on the planet through a new, open financial system.Our core project is the Acala Network itself, which we expect to become the de facto DeFi parachain and stablecoin of the Polkadot ecosystem. Polkadot provides the underlying trust primitives to our parachain, upon which we’ve built our suite of financial primitives including; decentralized, multi-collateral stablecoin; trustless staking derivatives, and Decentralized Exchange. These primitives will be used by us and other teams to power open DeFi innovations, and remove the need for the intermediaries that inhabit almost every conventional trust-based financial system.We have secured our support from eminent backers like Polychain, Coinbase Venture, Pantera and many more. Acala began its launch process on December 18, 2021, and we’ve got regular product launches and tokenomic incentive programs planned throughout 2022, so there’s no better time to join the DeFi mission and be a part of the future that we’re building…because we’re building it for you, too.NB: For the fastest response to any of our positions, apply directly on our website: acala.network/jobsAbout the roleAs Social Media Campaign Manager for Acala you’ll be working as part of our Growth team alongside Dan and Jillian. The role has 2 core responsibilities; Design and own our long-term Social Media strategy; Run targeted campaigns across multiple channels to drive engagement around specific ‘landmark’ events and Product Launches.Acala’s Social Media strategyAcala has an existing audience of almost 1 million, which is HUGE in the world of DeFi and even moreso in the context of Polkadot-based projects. With the impending launch of our EVM, and our Treasury Reserve protocol AquaDAO, we can double that in 2022. We will achieve this with more high-quality written and video content about these new products, our existing products linked below, and our growing network of partnerships within the Acala & Polksdot Ecosystem(s). This is 50% of the job.Our Social Media campaignsWe are constantly looking for new campaign ideas to drive growth and engagement around the Acala dApps, our DeFi suite of applications for swapping, staking and earning on the Polkadot blockchain. Similarly we run regular campaigns for the Karura dApps, a sister suite for similar DeFi activities on the Kusama blockchain. These two suites have different brand voices, and each have their own growth goals and community requirements and challenges. This is the other 50% of the job.We don’t only hire from crypto. This job will be offered to a creative social media enthusiast who can prove their ability to come up with innovative concepts, video campaigns, and even shortcut ways to promote some of the awesome user-generated content that we often see. This person could come from almost any industry that has a significant online presence, but they will already know about our dApp suites and the underlying Polkadot blockchain ecosystem.
What you’ll do:
- Develop & Implement a long-term social media strategy for Acala aimed at; Community Growth; Frequent Content publishing; Partnership Conversion
- Design & Run campaigns to grow our target audience on key channels and even live platforms (e.g. Twitter Spaces, YouTube Lives & Shorts, Reddit, etc.)
- Set your own KPIs for our social media channels’ performance & the outcome of the campaigns & projects that you come up with
- Write & Direct social media content including copy, concept graphic & video, from ideation through to review and publishing and performance measurement
- Collaborate with Acala’s other teams in Product Development & Ecosystem Growth on; Market Research; Competitor analysis; Product Testing (and anything else you’re interested in learning more about in crypto)
- Utilise tools like Hubspot and Sprout for monthly performance analytics, and to identify opportunities for improvement… we’ve barely scratched the surface
What it takes:
- 3+ years experience managing social media campaigns, the kind that take months to execute (not days)
- At least some demonstration of hands-on running of social media channels for DeFi projects; short-term, part-time, unpaid, etc. Experience is experience
- Deep knowledge of Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Telegram, Discord & more
- Familiarity with out toolset; Slack, Asana, Hubspot, Notion & Sprout
- Hands-on experience in content creation and management including video and graphic design
- To really get our attention: Send us a selection of your previous work focused on social media campaigns.
NB: For the fastest response to any of our positions, apply directly on our website: acala.network/jobs. For more information on this position, our employment conditions, or anything related to working for Acala, get in touch with our Talent Manager: [email protected]Our TeamWith approximately 50 full-time team members working across 8 different countries, our team is truly decentralised. We’re some of the leading blockchain innovators, Substrate & Rust engineers, full-stack dApp developers, & Economist Analysts. But we’re just people like you, working from our shared desire for a fairer and more inclusive financial system, in direct contrast to the clear shortcomings of the current institutions that run our world.Our ValuesThe community we’re building is shaped by our values and fuelled by the needs of all humans:- Inclusion, Care, Trust, and Respect- Empowerment- Guidance and Support- Friendship, Community, Real Relationships We’re building Acala based on a core set of values we believe are in line with the tenets of web3:- True decentralisation- Less Trust, More Truth- Integrity- Accountability- Empowering individuals with more autonomy What We Have AchievedAcala was founded in 2019 as an early Web3 Foundation grant recipient, and is an ecosystem and education partner of both the W3F and Polkadot. Throughout 2021 we have proven ourselves to be the DeFi hub(s) of the Polkadot Ecosystem & Community by securing the first crowdloan-funded parachain slots on both the Polkadot & Kusama blockchain networks. But even at this, our true work has only just begun…NOTE: To all external Recruiters who have ‘exciting profiles’ to share with us, please do so knowing that without signed terms & conditions Acala deem any introductions made to be a complimentary courtesy to the development of the world’s Web3 infrastructure. Thank you for your support.