At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a house cleaner, moving help or gardener, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and thousands of cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it
About the Job
The TaskRabbit marketing team plays a critical role in driving client and tasker acquisition, engagement, and retention. As the Social Media Manager, you will act as the global voice of TaskRabbit and develop a social media presence that drives high levels of web and app traffic, customer engagement, and brand affinity in a cohesive way to achieve our business goals.
You will administer our social media accounts, overseeing specialists responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. At the core you live and breathe social media, have a pulse on the latest cultural and social trends and a love of all things trending across the internet, and a comfort with the latest platform, design tools/applications, and digital technologies. You have a mind for creating and sharing relevant content that connects TaskRabbit to pop moments and topics that matter to our Clients and Taskers. The ideal candidate is scrappy yet strategic, a master wordsmith, intimately familiar with UGC and influencers, able to express TaskRabbit’s views and platforms, and passionate about creating and engaging online communities.
The Social Media Manager will report to the Director of Content, and directly manage a Social Media specialist and an Influencer Marketing specialist.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Develop and implement organic social media strategy from concept to execution to achieve business goals and build brand awareness
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout, text, graphics, photos, animations, sounds, unconventional use of emojis/Stickers and everything in-between) and generate, edit, publish, share and measure performance of engaging content daily, tailored for each specific social channel
- Leverage our Clients, Taskers, and followers to curate, choreograph, generate and acquire high-quality user-generated content
- Partner with creative teams to create fresh, original, shareable social content (copy, images, graphics, video, campaigns etc.) that resonates with Clients, Taskers, and followers and captures TaskRabbit’s brand voice.
- Stay up-to-date on industry and cultural trends to align social strategy with broader marketing and partnership initiatives
- Regularly track, analyze, and report on the performance of campaigns, content, and overall channel health
- Act as TaskRabbit’s eyes and ears on the ground, sharing follower sentiment and feedback with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure all social media content adheres to the TaskRabbit brand standards
- Partner with PR, brand counterparts, and customer support in engaging with our community, creating brand goodwill, and building relationships with key influencers and fans
- Grow audience and engagement on existing channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube), and develop strategies for launching new channels (TikTok, Clubhouse)
- 5+ years of experience as a Social Media Manager or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok and other social media best practices
- Ability to find fresh ways to make content engaging, shareable and exciting for users
- Extensive experience with Social Media Management Systems and Social Listening/Analytics tools. (e.g. SocialBakers, Later, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills for measuring and tracking success and KPIs
- Experience working across digital media and creative: drawing connections between the brand identity and marketing objectives to inform differentiated and effective new media programs that engage customers, increase awareness and spark advocacy
- Extensive knowledge in leading daily channel operation strategy: content planning, copywriting, and community management across all platforms
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to oversee and communicate effectively on projects
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiar with sharing economy landscape
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
- Adapts well to fast-paced working environment
- Professional, positive, upbeat attitude
- Solid knowledge of SEO (SEO-friendly headlines and descriptions), keyword research and Google Analytics
- Intuitive and creative problem solver with impeccable organizational skills
- Capacity to work and react quickly in a digital news environment, which may involve working evenings and weekends
- Collaborates well across teams, with excellent communication skills and comfort working through ambiguity to make progress
- Strong desire to learn
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and charity events.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.