Babylist (51-200 Employees, 104% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Babylist is seeking a Social Media Manager. You’ll lead the strategy and end-to-end execution of several of our social media channels, building a strong presence that is the best representation of our brand while delivering measurable engagement and growth.
As our Social Media Manager you’ll get to…
- Constantly show off your creativity. Every day brings a fresh challenge to inspire users in new ways, with no two weeks the same.
- Launch new, great ideas quickly (we’re not bogged down in layers of management).
- Be on the front lines of making a positive impact on expecting parents’ lives.
- Work from anywhere!
The ideal candidate is curious, driven, results-oriented, and has experience with end-to-end social media management, as well as identifying and working with influencers and creators.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll define and implement a clear, strategic vision for Babylist’s social media (with emphasis on Instagram and Facebook) to educate, inform, and entertain our target audiences.
- You’ll propel social media follower growth, engagement, website traffic, and overall brand awareness.
- You’ll be hands-on, executing the strategy by owning the content calendar: curating, writing captions, coordinating production with the design team, and otherwise managing, scheduling, and publishing all content.
- You’ll identify the right influencers and UGC that equally serves our users and business goals.
- You’ll coordinate cross-functionally including with our partnerships, customer service, production/design, merchandising, and more.
- You’ll identify areas of opportunity and brainstorm campaigns and giveaways to up-level our social media.
- You’ll listen to our community to constantly innovate and evolve our content.
- You’ll monitor, measure, and report on performance analytics, and adjust strategy to optimize results.
Who You Are
- You are someone who lives and breathes social media. You get lost there for hours, are on top of the latest trends, and are a master of algorithms and native tools.
- You’re a passionate storyteller who can captivate and engage an audience.
- You’ve successfully led social media content for a consumer brand.
- You’ve managed a stable of influencers/creators/brand ambassadors and understand the demands and benefits of working with freelancers.
- You are constantly seeking ways to engage new audiences and are always up-to-date on what’s happening in social media.
- You value quality but you’re not paralyzed by perfection. You can launch new, creative ideas quickly and iterate constantly using data.
- You have a “go viral” mentality and know-how to maximize content for sharing and engagement.
- You navigate confidently through changing priorities and directions and can operate successfully with minimal direction.
- You have a “no task too small” attitude and can roll up your sleeves to get the job done when needed.
What You’ve Done
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in managing B2C social media channel(s) with 500K+ followers
- Experience in working with social content creators and influencers.
- Experience evaluating social media analytics and adapting strategy and tactics
- Managed and optimized a social media marketing budget.
- Generated visual/graphic content for social media/web (Photoshop, Figma, or equivalent).
- Proven track record in generating and/or publishing thumb-stopping user-centric content creation and growing social media channels.
- Used data and social analytics to develop and defend your strategic content decisions and experiments.
- You’ve demonstrated exceptional organizational, multitasking, and teamwork skills.
- Experience in the expecting parent/parenting space is a BONUS
- Experience with Pinterest management is a BONUS.
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We are a remote-first company and invest in infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are committed to providing an actively antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company-paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with a company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental, and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist is the leading destination for baby commerce, where 8 million people each year buy what they need to welcome a new baby. We serve parents and the community of grandparents, friends, and relatives around each baby – connecting everyone who helps plan, prepare and shop for the new arrival. From the “add anything from anywhere” registry for new parents to the expert advice and product ideas for gift givers, there is no more trusted, go-to solution for growing families.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.