FormAssembly (51-200 Employees, 47% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
FormAssembly is looking for our first dedicated Software Architect to join our dedicated, passionate team of professionals and help us improve and advance our global architecture as well as how we build new features, moving forward.
As the Software Architect, you will:
- Favor a collaboration-first approach where you will work with our engineering and product team to fully understand the requirements, challenges, existing architecture and work with us to expand functional and technical capabilities in our products, to meet customer and industry growth demands.
- Propose pragmatic and practical solutions to problems that arise during the engineering and architectural processes and articulate architecture
- Evangelize, train, coach, and mentor team members on hard technical skills and soft skills
- Help us drive and make concrete our long term vision of a hybrid approach using micro-services and server-less technologies where they’re best used, moving away from a monolitic approach that stifles our capacity to innovate
- Build early prototypes of product components and validate them for technical design, security, scale, and performance.
- Ensure technology decisions align with architecture standards and strategies.
- Evaluate and recommend technology and frameworks for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market.
- Work with the development teams to translate the software architecture into design while enforcing standards and best practices
- Deliver compelling presentations, architectural blueprint documents, and requirements-gathering workshops to influence the strategic direction of our projects
- Propose, design, plan, and implement strategic and tactical security improvements across the application and stack, including surfacing non-obvious risks and attack surfaces
- Organize and govern cross-team efforts with Infrastructure and Security teams
- Proven ability to create and effectively deliver pragmatic architecture solution that made a difference in the SaaS startups you worked with
- Minimum 10 years of experience in hands-on development, application design in the delivery of software products.
- Minimum 3 years in an architect role in previous large-scale software development projects, preferably SaaS delivery model.
- Solid command of micro-services based architecture, design patterns, RESTful APIs, MVC and MVVM frameworks.
- Experience moving a monolith to a micro-service and/or server-less architecture with an solid understand of the positive and negative of different approaches
- Track record that includes the design and release of high-quality, high-performance enterprise software products / applications.
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to balance conflicting interests in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Expertise with two or more common technical stacks such as Java/Spring MVC, NodeJS, .NET, PHP/Laravel, Golang, …
- Experience with at least one public cloud platform, preferably AWS. Ability to define cloud architecture with comprehensive understanding of compute, network, storage, containerization, server-less, queues and security architecture.
- Proven and extensive knowledge of APIs, UIs, infrastructure, security, and emerging technologies.
- Thorough understanding of data models, relational and NoSQL databases design.
- Strong analytical, prioritization, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Broad understanding of various technologies and frameworks across all architecture tiers
- Demonstrated expertise in architecting, implementing, and supporting enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements while evangelizing integration methodologies and supporting business case justification to Engineering and Product leadership
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role) is a plus
FormAssembly offers several benefits that help to facilitate a healthy team, personal growth, and a work-life balance, all of which contribute to creating a more engaged and passionate workforce.
- Health benefits (health, dental, vision) for team members based in the United States
- 401(k) with 4% company match for team members based in the United States
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable contribution match
- Budget for professional development
- Company provided Mac laptop
You’ll be joining a talented and fun team, working together to build something great!