Moz (201-500 Employees, 2% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Moz is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Application Development team.
This role is an exciting opportunity to build highly interactive customer facing applications and products. You’ll help transform vast collections of data into actionable insights with intuitive and easy to use interfaces and visualizations. You’ll leverage the power of React and Node to build novel features and improvements to our current suite of tools.
This team is responsible for customer-facing applications that deliver SEO data insights. Through the applications they build, Moz customers are able to access insights, workflows, and aggregations of information above and beyond Moz’s core data offerings.
We are an office optional company. This position can be fully remote from anywhere within Canada. We’re also open to having folks be based out of our Vancouver, BC office.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain the core frontend application for Moz Pro using:
- React / Redux
- Work collaboratively with the engineers on the Frontend team to ensure quality and performance of the systems through code reviews, documentation, analysis and employing engineering best practices to ensure high-quality software.
- Contribute to our DevOps culture by maintaining our systems, including:
- building reusable infrastructure in Terraform
- creating documentation and run books
- establishing monitoring and alerting
- maintaining and building automated test suites
- Participate in architecture design and development for new features and capabilities, and for migration of legacy systems, to meet business and customer needs.
- Take turns in the on-call rotation, handling systems and operations issues as they arise including responding to off-hours alerts.
- Collaborate with other teams on dependent work and integrations.
- Work with Product Managers and UX Designers to deliver new features and capabilities.
- Use good security practices to protect Moz code and systems.
Experience we want to see
- At least 2 years of experience as a software engineer
- At least 2 years of experience delivering products or services using web technologies
- Experience working with React JS (Redux, Sagas, Hooks, MUI, Styled Components)
- Node.js and micro-service architectures
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience working with API design and distributed backend systems
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team
- Great problem-solving skills
- Experience working with AWS (ECS, Aurora, EventBridge, SQS, S3)
- Experience with Document stores and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Typescript and Next.js
- Experience with GraphQl / Apollo
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world-class quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made.
Moz was founded in 2006 and is a subsidiary of ZiffDavis (NASDAQ: ZD)