Second Spectrum (51-200 Employees, 11% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Second Spectrum is building the next way of seeing sports. We deliver unique and innovative solutions through unparalleled capabilities in machine understanding of sports.
- We are the official tracking and analytics provider of the English Premier League, NBA, and MLS and have numerous clients across multiple sports at the team, league, and media level.
- We developed a real-time video augmentation pipeline that powers the innovative content featured in products like the award-winning Clippers CourtVision, and has also been used by ESPN, Turner Sports, BT Sport, FOX, and International NBA League Pass.
- We produce the most accurate tracking data with the fastest high-quality output by leveraging the most automated and extensible solution in the market.
We are constantly innovating. We believe that technology will revolutionize the way that sports are played, coached, and experienced, and that the work to make this happen has just begun.
The Role: Software Engineer, Video Augmentation
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Augmentation group working on 3D graphical augmentations for live sports video, in close collaboration with colleagues in Content, Design, Artificial Intelligence, Platform and Streaming Operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop 3D graphical augmentations powered by internal and external feeds (computer vision, tracking, metadata, event and semantics feeds)
- Develop video augmentation pipeline, engine
- Build, test, deploy and maintain production systems
- Coordinate and communicate processes with operational staff
- Maintain best practices for software development, including deployment process, documentation and coding standards
- Discuss and distribute knowledge, technical concepts and ideas with any member of our diverse organization
- Languages, frameworks: C++, Lua, Rust
- Infrastructure, tools: AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Pulsar, Grafana
- Version control: Git
What You Need:
- BSc or MSc or equivalent experience with a strong software engineering component
- Experience with at least two of the languages and technologies in our stack
- Familiarity with math for 3D graphics
- Affinity for teamwork and collaboration with others to solve problems, share knowledge, and provide feedback
- Strong communication skills when discussing technical concepts with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently in an efficient manner
- Flexibility and availability for work on call, outside of regular work hours, as needed to support live sports
What Sets You Apart:
- Experience with 3D engines or gameplay programming
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management
- Highly-qualified technical leads and colleagues
- Working on cutting-edge products for major professional sports leagues and teams
- Team-oriented, start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages growth and provides opportunities to make an impact
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. Please be prepared to speak to anything listed on your resume or in your portfolio.