Hotjar (201-500 Employees, 113% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Product Experience Insights software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site. As part of our Engineering team, you’ll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and resourceful security engineers who are passionate about building great products. Someone who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
About the job:
- You’ll work as part of an agile, cross functional team with other engineers.
- You will create production grade Python code and implement authentication, authorization, and security solutions in our product.
- Build the next version of Hotjar’s authentication and authorization layers.
- Collaborate with engineers and have involvement in technical decision making.
- Build and take full ownership of components of the Hotjar Platform, in addition to building and maintaining dashboards monitoring essential application and business metrics.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Track new browser changes, vulnerabilities, and security updates that can impact the security of our application.
- Liaise with our Security Specialist to ensure we address incoming reports from our bug bounty program and meet our security SLAs.
- 3+ years of background in software engineering.
- Experience using Git, Python, and PostgreSQL.
- Experience using Nginx, Amazon Web Services, and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience building OAuth, SAML, SSO, and related solutions.
- Experience pentesting, security CTFs, as well as triaging and fixing browser-based vulnerabilities is a plus.
- Fluent in English with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third party.
The compensation range for a team member in this role is €70,000 to €90,000 annually where the offer typically falls in the range of €75,000 to €80,000. Our ranges are established after performing market research and the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.