Hotjar (201-500 Employees, 113% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast. As part of our Engineering team, you’ll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful software engineer, passionate about building great products and who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
About the job:
- You’ll work as part of an agile, cross functional team with other engineers, product managers, and product designers.
- You will create production grade Python code and will implement solutions designed to handle high levels of traffic.
- Participate in building and owning new services that power our product.
- Build and maintain dashboards, monitoring essential application and business metrics.
- Work with other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Collaborate with engineers across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
- 4+ years background in building and maintaining high traffic web backends
- Demonstrable experience using Python and relational databases.
- Experience using Redis, Linux, Nginx, Elasticsearch, and Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Familiarity with automated testing in Python.
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as Git.
- Fluent in English with effective interpersonal skills.
- Pragmatic engineer who actively avoids over-engineering of solutions and understands how to maintain high-quality code in a delivery-focused environment.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party.
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- An opportunity to positively impact people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (budgets for Holiday, Wellbeing, Working Together, as well as 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
The compensation range for a team member in this role is €70,000 to €90,000 annually where the typical offer will fall in the range of €75,000 to €80,000. Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.