Cash App (501+ Employees, 258% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Customer Data Services team is a platform team that builds and operates common customer data services that can be used by all product teams. Our vision is to be a central place to ask questions about Cash App customers.
The ideal candidate for Customer Data Services team is a customer-focused, empathetic, collaborative backend engineer who can help take world-changing ideas from prototype to launch. We expect you to listen to our consumers, help them to solve their customer data problems with CashApp users’ privacy in mind.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Customer Data Services team, you will:
- Champion the needs of our consumers, through customer empathy, iteration, and service ownership.
- Own the design, development, and live operation of an increasingly distributed architecture.
- Write clean, testable, peer-reviewed code, which will serve as a model for the team around you.
- Unleash the velocity of our engineers and engineering systems with processes and implementations that allow us to ship quicker, fail faster, and isolate the blast radius of change pipelines.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration and knowledge sharing within your team.
- 3+ years of experience engineering backend systems.
- Software design experience with distributed architectures that have seen rapid growth.
- A desire to teach, improve, and otherwise force multiply the strengths of the engineers that surround you.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience handling customer data at a non-trivial scale
- Experience building microservices architecture in AWS
Technologies We Use and Teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kafka, events
- DataDog, SignalFx, Sentry
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.