Replit (11-50 Employees, 600% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Computers are the most powerful tools to exist in the history of humanity. Today, only a relative few—professional software developers—can use this superpower to its fullest extent. This has created an unbalanced world where there are programmers and those who consume their programs. Replit is changing that dynamic by bringing the next billion software creators online.
We’re already lowering the barrier to programming by providing users with their own personal computers. As we continue to build, we want to use data at every step in the process to make those computers powerful, intelligent, inexpensive and secure.
As a Software Engineer working with data, you will build infrastructure that allows us to better understand our users, build new product features, and optimize our platform. As an early hire, you will have significant influence on our data infrastructure and overall strategy, and will be the go-to person for which data we collect, how we collect it, and how we manage it over time.
Excited about the opportunity, but worried you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway, and give us both the chance to find out.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, build, and maintain data infrastructure throughout our entire technology stack
- Design and implement solutions to collect, process, and analyze data at scale
- Work closely with ML engineers and data scientists to implement ML-powered solutions
- Move us towards a robust data platform with self-service capabilities for the entire team
What Makes a Great Candidate
- A proven track record of designing and building large-scale data infrastructure in an enterprise setting
- Extensive programming experience (Python, SQL, Scala, Go, etc.)
- Experience with Distributed Computing (Apache Spark) and Cloud Infrastructure
- Appreciation for simplicity and pragmatism
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality and comfort with ambiguity
- Passionate about making programming accessible to all
Valued But Not Required
- Experience working with consumer data at scale
- Experience building a developer tool (it can be personal dev)
- Experience building Platform/Infrastructure/Runtime as a Service
Benefits & Perks
- High autonomy and flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO (2 weeks minimum required)
- 401k matching
- Competitive salary & equity
- Commuter benefits
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous parental leave
- Regular offsites and Hackathons!
- Expensed lunch
- Your choice of new equipment and software
- Learning & development stipend
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
Ready to build the world’s largest developer platform?