Tempus (501+ Employees, 53% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for Engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing health care into the 21st century. As an Engineer within Engineering Productivity, you will play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by providing secure and high-quality insights for our clients, patients, and partners. Patient care, data quality, and innovative science are foundational principles that require creativity and pragmatism.
The Tempus Engineering Productivity group is a data-driven engineering discipline focused on optimizing the engineering process so that Tempus can deliver the right experience to our physicians and drive positive outcomes for our patients, faster. We collaborate with Engineering, Product, Quality Solutions, Compliance, and Engineering Operations in order to mature our systems and culture. Join us in our mission to help build the right things for our patients.
What You Will Do:
- Be a key contributor within the Developer Tools Team
- Relentlessly partner with teams company-wide to identify pain points in their development processes
- Help design and implement thoughtful features and tools to improve software engineering productivity and code quality
- Contribute to the success of peers via code reviews to ensure adherence to industry best practices
- Regularly provide support to internal customers and occasionally drive training sessions. Author clear and concise documentation to reduce support costs
- Bachelor’s, or higher degree, in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Data Science
- 1+ year of recent coding experience in TypeScript or Python
- 2+ years of command-line experience in macOS or Linux
- Experience with Docker
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points for:
- Deep knowledge of test automation, CI/CD, DevOps, QA, or Scrum
- Prior experience building developer tools
- Coding experience in Rust or Go
- GCP certification(s)
- MySQL or Postgres expertise
- Prior exposure to Concourse, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, or Sentry.IO
- Knowledge of HIPAA, HITRUST, or ISO