Duo Security (501+ Employees, 3% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Duo Security, now part of Cisco, is the leading multi-factor authentication (MFA) and secure access provider.
Duo + Cisco = Disco
With the Most Loved Company in Security and the global leader in network technology joining forces, there are more exciting opportunities than ever to be at the forefront of securing the cloud.
Our mission is simple: democratize security by making it easy and effective for everyone. We’re transforming security from the ground up by solving the world’s most pressing geopolitical challenge – safe, secure information access. We engineer our business to enable our customers to easily address their ever-evolving security challenges.
We believe that impactful work is rewarding work and that our team is at its best when everyone feels empowered to bring their whole self to work. We learn together by hiring for cultural contribution, not cultural fit, and recognize that diversity in background and thought are essential to building high-impact teams.
We invest in growth and learning opportunities and encourage our people to never stop learning. We foster collaboration and believe in being recognized (and rewarded!) for hard work. We champion a healthy work-life balance. We’re kinder than necessary.
Together we build for the future by designing simple solutions for complex problems. And that’s why we’re the most loved and trusted name in security.
What we’ll do together…
As a Software Engineer on our SSO Identity team, you will bring your problem solving skills and work closely with Product Management, Product Design, and customers to develop a deep understanding of customer needs. Then you’ll apply that knowledge to build rock-solid security solutions that are a delight to use.
We develop, deliver and maintain Duo’s Single Sign-On solution, specializing in our end users’ authentication experience. We use a combination of web development technologies to deliver an exceptional user experience that is both more secure and more efficient for end users.
We emphasize software craftsmanship and apply it to our development practices through Testing, Continuous Integration, Delivery Automation, and Mentoring. We value learning, and we work in a highly collaborative team setting, preparing each one of our team members for success while building core SSO features.
Skills you have…
- Professional software engineering experience, preferably using Python and SQL with a history of writing performant, maintainable code
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with, teach and learn from a team of high-performing engineers
- Take ownership of your code quality and use complete unit and integrated tests to ensure the highest levels of product quality
Even better if…
- You have React experience
- You have worked with Amazon Web services
- You have experience with Active Directory or other directory services
- You have worked with web authentication standards like SAML and OIDC
You should apply if you…
- Work best within an empathetic team that is passionate about a common goal
- Are happy when your end-users are happy and frustrated when they are frustrated
- Value learning with others, both as a mentor and being mentored
This job may not be for you if you…
- Are stressed by the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide answers
- Routinely point out why something can’t be done rather than focusing on the customer problem
- Are unwilling to support our commitment to our customers by joining our team’s on-call rotation for urgent customer issues
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we encourage the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.