VMware Carbon Black (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
We are looking for experienced software engineer to join our new project in the managed databases domain. If you are keen on using modern cloud technologies, work in fast developing environment and enjoy making high impact with your deliveries, our team is the place to be. In this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate with senior software architects, stakeholders, and product owners. The essence of the work involves development of resilient and secure distributed environment, hosted on various Cloud infrastructures.
As a software engineer in our DBaaS team, you will:
- Work within a team with proven track record of building SaaS services
- Apply best practices in delivering high quality production code
- Design and drive delivery of components and services across all layers (UI/Frontend, Backend, System)
- Master modern programing languages and technologies
- Build and operationalize services
- Onboard and mentor more junior team members
- Perform code reviews and make suggestions for improvements
Prerequisites for the role include:
- Solid experience in software engineering
- Golang is preferred language, but not hard requirement
- Good understanding of quality assurance processes and CICD
- Experience with containers and workloads orchestration frameworks (preferably Kubernetes)
- Good communication skills
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You’ll be joining a growing team of engineers located in Ireland and the US. The larger team is split into several sub teams with local management, focused on the different areas of the platform.
We are looking for individuals who are self-driven and have the passion to learn new skills and solve complex technical issues. The leadership for this role believes in creating a pleasant and inclusive workplace and building strong relationships and collaboration within the team.
Where is this role located?
The location of this role is flexible within Ireland. Work will be done from an office some days during a week and other days from a non-VMware building with the employees having the option to choose the option of working fully remote.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Attractive compensation package – competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path – management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment – company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.