Catch Co. / Catch Company (51-200 Employees, 70% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Catch Co. creates a simplified and irresistible shopping experience that curates the right gear at the right time to the right anglers.
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
This remote position will have the opportunity to work on the development of our e-commerce properties and tailor them to the needs of the business. This role will have a hand in designing and developing a headless frontend for projects with major footprints in the digital fishing industry, Mystery Tackle Box and Karl’s Bait and Tackle. The Software Engineer – Frontend role is responsible for providing customer-facing site improvements, desktop and mobile web development, and development of our design library.
What you will do:
- Develop and enhance the frontend for a headless e-commerce experience written in React
- Develop React components to support a design library (Storybook) with supporting test coverage
- Work closely with backend developers on cross-functional integrations projects
- Provide technical guidance for new initiatives including performance/architectural optimizations; i.e. minification, bundling, tree-shaking
- Perform code reviews for other members of the team
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for software development and technology in general
- Cross-browser/platform development and testing experience; strong knowledge of and capabilities for debugging browser-specific issues.
- Experienced in writing client-side services (JSON/XML) to interact with server-side data sources (AJAX/Fetch, etc).
- Well-versed in HTML, CSS, including preprocessors such as Less/Sass
- Attention to detail, highlighting performance and security concerns during development of new features
- Experienced and efficient working within a fully remote Agile team environment; including communications and video meetings (Slack, Google Meet, etc)
The pay range for this role is $100,000 – $150,000
This estimate represents the typical salary range of our candidates hired for this position. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience, and ensuring internal equity with other employees in similar roles at Catch Co. Annual salary is one part of the best-in-class benefits package that Catch Co. offers, which includes our unlimited PTO, 401k matching program, and fully distributed workforce.
We aim to reply to all applicants within a week of receiving your application. Our interview process consists of several stages, each one allowing us to get to know you better, professionally and technically. It is also an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do. The stages include:
- Resume review
- Phone interview
- Coding assessment test
- Interviews via Google Meet
- Reference checks
Why Catch Co?
Catch Co’s engineering team has built a robust digital platform that supports our multiple lines of business and we’re looking to keep our momentum going as our team grows.
- Have an immediate impact and put your experience to use
- Work alongside a veteran team of engineers and product owners that prioritize building the right products and building them well.
- We hire people that are hungry to learn, always looking to grow, and are great to work with.
- Work remotely! Other team members work from home throughout the United States.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box – Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle – Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products – Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- “Take what you need” paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two week-long company retreats per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance – we cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl’s Club membership, $100 of store credit and free swag
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.