Grammarly (501+ Employees, 98% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an experienced Full-Stack Engineer to join the Grammarly Business Engineering team. The Grammarly Business team is building solutions for small business and enterprise customers to bring the power of Grammarly to all their employees. We have large ambitions to improve communication experiences in the workplace and are looking for someone to help us design and build innovative solutions. Join us in creating brand-new product capabilities that will help employees be more effective in the workplace.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
Grammarly Business is a fast-growing team and company priority in 2022. There will be many opportunities for growth and ownership as we move fast to build solutions for businesses and their employees. As a Full-Stack Engineer and member of this team, you will:
- Play a critical role in building new parts of the Grammarly Business product offering.
- Start building and pushing code in your first week and ship impactful features in your first few months.
- Quickly move between back-end environments (Java, Spring, AWS, Terraform) and front-end technologies (Swift, AppKit, CoreGraphics, React, MobX, Typescript) to prototype, launch, and iterate on a number of groundbreaking ideas to improve workplace communication.
- Partner cross-functionally to ideate, design, build, and ship delightful product offerings to our customers.
- Contribute to an engineering culture with a strong emphasis on user experience and delivering value to businesses of all sizes.
- Evaluate the systems and technology in place today while proposing systems and architecture that can scale for the future.
- Have the unique opportunity to build and grow the Grammarly Business Engineering team, including interviewing and mentoring new team members.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has 6+ years of experience working in a highly scalable consumer product or enterprise SaaS environment.
- Has experience with ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar UI frameworks.
- Has solid knowledge of Java and used it to build microsystems running in the cloud (experience with AWS and Terraform is a plus).
- Has experience building, deploying, and debugging production systems.
- Cares about the end-user experience and strives to ensure high quality.
- Has experience working with machine learning (preferred but not required).
- Has experience building desktop software (preferred but not required).
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $111,000 to $239,000 year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.