World View Enterprises (51-200 Employees, 38% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
World View Enterprises offers innovative flight technologies that provide a unique perspective of Earth from the edge of space.
At World View, we believe in hiring the best, brightest, and most passionate people on earth. We think big, and we believe in the power of bringing together great people to change the world in a very tangible way. Very few companies do what we do – we are pioneering a new economy based on operating in the stratosphere. In doing so we are creating new business models, new technologies, and new disciplines. We embrace the challenge of solving problems and do so through a desire to do the hard things right. We recognize that the most innovative solution will emerge from a diverse team. As we move forward, we will strive to constantly stay at the forefront of new technologies and business models with our creative culture.
If you’re ready to write history with us, we want to hear from you!
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Gather, organize, analyze, and normalize requirements, producing natural-language software requirements specifications
- Design, develop, and test software according to the development process employed by the team while contributing improvements to that process
- Communicate clearly and frequently, remaining engaged with the team through chat, e-mail, voice calls, and physical meetings
- Work according to project plans, identifying tasks, providing effort estimates, completing tasks on time, and reporting status accurately
- Task Queue: Celery + Redis/RabbitMQ or Azure Functions
- MVC Backend: Django
- REST: Django-REST
- System Status / Logging: Grafana
- Database: PostGIS (Postgres + GIS)
- MVC Frontend: Vue 3 or React
- Data-Driven Visualization: D3 for custom visualizations + Chart.js for bread and butter
- 3d Geospatial Visualizations: CesiumJS
- Light-weight 2d Geospatial Visualizations: OpenLayers or Leaflet
- Containerization: Docker
- Scripting/Language: Python
- BS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle ITAR-sensitive data
- US Citizenship Required