At Snackpass, we’re building a way to buy anything with friends, starting with restaurant takeout on college campuses. We believe all restaurant orders will move from offline (cashiers swiping physical credit cards) to online (digital ordering). We’re helping restaurants transition to digital and contactless to thrive in a post COVID world where takeout is a core pillar of every restaurant.
Snackpass is the Starbucks app meets Snapchat. Unlike other food apps, Snackpass is a social platform: every time you order, you get a point towards a virtual punch card for yourself and a point to send to a friend. Some users even say they use Snackpass for flirting.
We believe operating a brick-and-mortar restaurant should be as easy as operating an online Shopify store. Most local businesses still run on legacy systems. At Snackpass, we are building the OS for local commerce.
We’re looking for someone to be a full-stack engineer for Restaurant strike squad.
#LI-Remote. This is a REMOTE position.
About the Role ✍️
- Design and build robust products for onboarding restaurants
- Own and build out order and delivery integrations
- Uphold high bar for coding (readable and maintainable), reviewing, using shared infrastructure and team processes
- Take responsibility in driving features from inception through delivery
- Ego-less, will work on whatever needs doing
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience with third party integrations (via APIs)
- Experience with architectural patterns of complex web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs)
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with functional programming languages is a plus
- React, React Native
- Node.js, Express
- Heroku, AWS
Projects you’ll be working on
- Develop, design and support new and existing POS Integrations including ability to sync up menus
- Research and integrate with new delivery partners
- Build anything and everything to onboard restaurants on Snackpass
• Health, dental & vision insurance
• Unlimited paid time off
• 12 paid holidays
Diversity & Inclusion
Snackpass is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.
We are currently not sponsoring H1B visas or transfers at this time. We will consider candidates with OPT for internship positions only. Other immigration needs will be reviewed on a case by case basis.