Electronic Arts (501+ Employees, 16% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Arizona, USA • Utah, USA • California, USA • Colorado, USA • Georgia, USA • North Carolina, USA • Nevada, USA • Oregon, USA
Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group is the core powering the global EA ecosystem. We provide the foundation for all of EA’s incredible games and player experiences with high-level platforms like Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their work, we let them focus on making some of the best games in the world and creating meaningful relationships with our players. We’re behind the curtain, making it all work together. Come power the future of play with us.
For this role, you will report to a Senior Engineering Manager and get exposed to many technologies; you will also work with top-notch game studios around the world.
We are building a greenfield project and we’re looking for a passionate, motivated Software Engineer to help design and implement it. You’ll work as part of a team, engaged with different EADP service teams and game teams around the globe to provide outstanding innovation and performance for all of our upcoming top games.
- Design solutions to support our top Console, PC and Mobile games.
- Develop Go services to support company-wide programs across the latest technologies.
- Collaborate to achieve scalable, highly available services in Go.
- Author and review technical design documents to plan and vet each essential feature.
- Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company products.
- Document and test features to accelerate ease of use and simplify future maintenance of our technology.
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- 5+ years professional experience programming back-end services, with Go experience preferred.
- Familiarity with data streaming using Protobuf and gRPC.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar databases.
- Experience deploying and maintaining virtual infrastructure (e.g. AWS, ECS, Terraform).
- Experience with container orchestration and management tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Understanding of fault tolerance and failure modeling.
- Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirements definition, specifications, development, test, product release, and sustaining engineering.
- Passion for good workflows, automation, and well-designed software.