CrowdStrike (501+ Employees, 107% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Role:
CrowdStrike Falcon Forensics tool provides comprehensive data collection while performing triage analysis during threat hunting missions. It has two main components – Collector and Cloud. Collector is an executable that runs on client machines to collect system metadata such as events, logs, network states and filesystem information. Collector delivers data to the Cloud component which aggregates the data for each customer’s endpoints and allows for effective triage to quickly determine the machines where threat actor activity has started, escalated or targeted. This enables the incident responders to concentrate their efforts on impacted machines.
Join CrowdStrike and become a key leader in building the most innovative security solutions in the world. Our Falcon Forensics development team is responsible for building the endpoint collectors which deploy on multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux. As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you will be expected to drive quality by testing the product manually as well as by writing software automation. You will be required to document all aspects of testing and assist with keeping customer facing documentation up to date. Features will cross-cut most core OS subsystems such as file system, memory and process, and networking. Many features are also built in a way that they will have shared components across multiple platforms. You need to be able to adapt to the many aspects of the projects and ensure the product does what it is intended to do, making sure high standards are being followed when it comes to design, coding quality, and testing.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze software features and build effective test strategies and designs
- Develop code to automate the testing of the product to minimize manual testing effort
- Contribute to improve existing tools, testing libraries and frameworks.
- Investigate issues found through test or from customers, identify root cause and use this input to improve the tests
- Help to review product and test code with an eye towards improved quality and security
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to help improve quality and streamline release cycles.
What You’ll Need:
- A working knowledge of software design and development
- A working knowledge of operating systems Windows, Mac and/or Linux
- Communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team
- Desire to work in a high paced agile team environment
- A demonstrated ability to write high quality code in Python or similar language.
- Experience with, C/C++ or Go, or similar languages
- Experience with Jenkins or similar CICD Pipeline tools
- Experience with RobotFramework or other automation frameworks
- AWS or other cloud technologies
- Encryption primitives
- API interface clients RESTFul and/or GRPC
- Operating systems internals experience
- Markup languages (eg: JSON, XML, YAML)
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact [email protected], for further assistance.
CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants in Colorado the salary range is $145,000 – $230,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states.