Container xChange (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
In the 1950s, global trade changed for good. The invention of the standardized container suddenly meant that transporting goods across the world became affordable. And with that, paved the way for globalization and global wealth. But contrary to the container, most surrounding processes have not been standardized nor innovated—and are still frustratingly complex, manual, and error-prone.
That’s why our ambition is to use technology to simplify the logistics of global trade, making the processes around the container as simple as the container itself. We do that by providing a neutral infrastructure that connects all logistics companies to remove friction and create economic opportunity.
Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Our Tech team is the backbone of xChange, developing highly scalable products to not only disrupt a whole industry but to set a new standard when operating containers worldwide. As our Software Engineer, you will be joining a highly collaborative, agile team with skilled, customer-focused colleagues who strive for best code quality, highest tech standards and pushing xChange’s product forward.
We aim for teams who take full ownership and are seeking tech-savvy Software Engineers who are passionate about teamwork, collaboration and building amazing products, ready to tackle new challenges every day.
Your responsibilities in a nutshell
- Create and implement features in our backend (Java) and/or frontend (Angular)
- Keep proven features up to date, identify technical debts and suggest solutions
- Apply and improve our current code, test and documentation practices
- Be a go-to person for your colleagues and support them with your expertise
- Share your knowledge proactively to drive the success of xChange and our Software Engineering team
What we’re looking for
- Proven practical experience in Software Engineering experience in Java or Angular with a focus on web application
- Deep understanding of development processes and best practises – you strive for efficient processes, highest code quality and tech standards
- Self-starter attitude with a high personal drive – you are excited about being a part of rapid growth and not afraid to take initiative
- You are a great communicator (our company language is English) and listener
What we offer
- Ownership and trust from day one! You will take full responsibility of your code and get the chance to actively shape our products
- Attractive salary – including a competitive equity package
- A team of highly motivated colleagues who strive for highest quality and can’t wait for you to join
- A start-of-the art tech stack
- Highly scalable products with a proven product-market fit ready to change the industry
- A modern office the heart of Hamburg and flexible home-office
- Extremely flat hierarchies in a tremendously collaborative culture
- A great working atmosphere with an open -minded and collaborative culture
If this sounds like your future job, all we need is your CV which you can submit through the application link!