Allstate (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
- You are passionate about software engineering
- You measure success by delivering working software and end user satisfaction
- You have a desire to reimagine our business for the customer’s benefit
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, and even use it to drive better ideas, work and success
What You Will Do:
- Participates in daily standups
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Participates in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
- Supports software products in user environments
- Performs complex problem solving and assistance on diverse software applications and hardware systems
- Performs diverse technical assistance, documents findings, and performs maintenance duties in support of a large unit
- Investigates & troubleshoots production issues, including deviations in KPIs utilize information in tools to further isolate the source of errors and effectively direct troubleshooting efforts.
- Utilizes multiple tools like Datadog, Postman, Splunk etc to monitor the health of each platform and, when incidents are detected, take action to mitigate through first touch resolution or escalating to respective service owners.
- Exposure to mobile technologies like Xcode and Kotlin
- Participates in knowledge sharing, and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the team
- Takes ownership of Incident & problem management for the platforms/products, including communications, documentation, and bridge facilitation with the goal to minimize customer impact
- Identifies alerting & monitoring gaps and assist responsible teams to close gaps by taking action and/or through feedback loop
- Identifies opportunities for automated remediation of common platform issues and assist in development of remediation scripts when possible
- Works with development and other teams to drive constant improvement in reliability, operability, performance
Education and Experience:
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 3 or more years of full stack software engineering, developing and implementing systems at scale
- Experience in responsive web front end / single page application development including recent experience with React.js or Angular.js
- Knowledge in one of the server-side web application frameworks and languages like Java, Springboot, Spring Framework, etc.
- Source Control Management (preferably Git/GitHub)
- Experience and knowledge in developing/consuming REST APIs including tooling for documentation or other APIs experience
- Actual experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps (including use of Jenkins, Artifactory, Gradle)
- Java coding (Java 8 or higher) background including familiarity with the following tools:
- Spring Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server or MongoDB
- Strong verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working as a Level 3 Production Support for medium to high complex applications is a plus
- Experience using API gateways a plus
- Experience using monitoring tools like Datadog, Splunk, AppDynamics, Dynatrace is a plus
Compensation offered for this role is $60,100.00-$102,625.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click ‘here‘ for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click ‘here‘ for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster click ‘here‘. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click ‘here‘. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.