Mantis Innovation (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
- Do you have at least 3 years’ experience with Ruby and non-trivial Rails?
- Have you mastered the “art” of being a remote team member?
- Are you experienced working in a loose structured Kanban board format?
Then we REALLY want to talk to you…
About Our Team and Your Role
The Engineering Team works closely with stakeholders across the organization to deliver solutions to both internal and external customers. We have been a fully remote team for over 12 years. We adhere to a loose agile process (not scrum) using a kanban board and an automated CI/CD pipeline. We’re a small team, but we deliver big results. We care about writing quality code and taking the time to balance immediate business needs with long-term, technical costs.
As our Software Engineer you will be:
- Working closely with Senior Staff engineers to design, develop, maintain, and deliver full stack products for both internal and external customers.
- Working in an agile environment with a team that deploys multiple times a day.
- Contributing to process improvements, best practices, tooling, and engineering strategy.
- Working in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management to advance Mantis’ vision.
- Ruby 2.6, Rails 5 (Upgrading to latest is high-priority and in-progress)
- React, Stimulus, vanilla JS (Familiarity)
- MySQL (or other relational databases), Redis, Elasticsearch
- GCP, Kubernetes (GKE), Terraform, Docker
- Rspec, CircleCI
- Slack, Jira
What You Need
- 3+ years of experience shipping high-quality, non-trivial Rails applications.
- Strong grasp of Computer Science concepts, such as object-oriented design, data structures, general understanding of algorithmic complexities, etc.
- Strong relational database skills such as schema design, query building and optimization.
- Desire to build reliable, maintainable software rather than haphazardly shipping features.
- Experience with continuous integration and writing meaningful, non-brittle tests.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical people.
- Be self-driven and comfortable working in a remote team environment.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment involving diverse stakeholders and subject matter experts.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with GCP, Kubernetes, and Terraform (or similar technologies).
- Desire to mentor more junior engineers.
Pay Range: $125,000
Why work with Mantis?
We offer the best benefits in our industry which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Matching 401k, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, Parental Leave, FSA, HSA, and flexible work from home days.
Backed by a culture of ingenuity, excellence, and a curious but humble approach to problem solving, Mantis Innovation is reimagining facility performance. We provide managed facility services and turnkey program management with technology-enabled solutions that target the entire building footprint – from roofs, walls, and pavement, to HVAC, lighting and power – as we guide our clients on their journey towards increased sustainability.
Our dynamic and diverse workforce and regional office locations span the country from Massachusetts to Washington. Our goal is to foster creativity and emphasize innovative approaches to problem solving. As a company, we support and promote teams across the organization by building skillsets, empowering professional development, and welcoming diversity among our employees, both in their backgrounds and in their viewpoints. With an autonomous working environment and collaborative company culture, we’re proud of our work/life balance and commitment to having fun along the way.
*Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mantis Innovation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.