TELUS Agriculture (51-200 Employees, 448% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
TELUS Agriculture is a great place to work. You can see it in our team members. The diversity of the team and their unique contributions set us apart from the competition. Our success is based as much on our future friendly team as the innovative technology solutions we offer.
Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you’ll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding.
Here’s the impact you will make and what we will accomplish together
The Agricultural Data Exchange is a platform of capabilities designed to link the food supply chain together. In this role, you will be working on a team that is responsible for developing a single integration interface with a repository of shared software services, and centralized points of data controls that enable developers of agtech solutions across the supply chain.
Equipment Data, Scouting Analytics, and more. Our software manages over 100 million acres of agricultural land worldwide and is backed by a team of more than 1,200 experts. At TELUS Agriculture, we empower our engineers to form their own opinions and advocate for the solutions that fit best.
- Collaborate with Lead Software Engineers and Scrum team to plan, design, develop, and test data services
- Design, develop, and unit test software services in accordance with established standards
- Ensure the Scrum team has appropriate specifications and direction to work effectively
- Communicate effectively with the Scrum team as well as Product Owners and stakeholders
- Proactively research, prototype, and implement new technologies, as required for projects
- Provide architectural support for the Scrum team including, but not limited to, understanding the project requirements and creating block diagrams.
- Create technical specifications and review development estimates with the Scrum team
- Troubleshoot critical application and infrastructure issues
- Monitor project status and proactively escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Mentor and teach new concepts to peers
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Previous experience as a .NET or object oriented developer preferred
Must demonstrate ability to work on multiple concurrent projects with SME proficiency
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience in the agricultural industry desired
- Track record leading, developing, and delivering significant, complex epic level software projects
- Demonstrates ability to enhance the quality of other Software Engineers’ work through mentoring and constructive code reviews
- Working in a team environment, leading collaboration efforts, and sharing new ideas to support achieving collective team goals.
- Intrinsically curious and passionate about researching the current and emerging trends in technology and trends in agriculture technology.
- Must excel at working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
Who is TELUS Agriculture?
Our growing team of global experts are passionate about leveraging our world-class technology and innovation to tackle one of the most pressing social challenges of our time – ensuring a safe and sustainable food system.
We believe that by connecting the food value chain we can improve upon the economic, social and environmental sustainability of the food system. We offer an unmatched suite of innovative solutions and purpose-built applications for every participant in the agriculture value chain, from seed manufacturers and farmers through to grocery stores and restaurants.
Our solutions are comprised of the latest technologies to enable all organizations in agri-business, agri-food, and consumer goods & retail: AFS Exceedra, Agrian, TKXS, Farm At Hand, Decisive Farming, Muddy Boots, AGIntegrated, and Feedlot Health Management Services.
Collectively, our talented team and integrated solutions uniquely position us to transform collaboration within the industry at a global level and connect the food system to feed the future.
Everyone belongs at TELUS Agriculture. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS Agriculture, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives, we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion for enabling remarkable food outcomes?
At TELUS Agriculture, you create future friendly® possibilities