Elastic (501+ Employees, 58% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business-it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
The Elastic Threat Intelligence Services team designs, builds, and runs data processing pipelines and product features to synthesize security data from a broad set of sources, delivering innovative detection capabilities for our users. We are looking for a Software Engineer to craft data processing and analytics systems to help find new threats in the wild and better understand our users. You will collaborate with the broader Elastic Security team – a diverse set of security researchers, data scientists, and engineers who lend domain expertise and work with you to solve creative security problems and deliver fantastic user experiences.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work as part of the Security Protections team at Elastic with other software engineers, data scientists, and security researchers
- Write code in a collaborative environment with peers in multiple countries and timezones
- Contribute to free and open source Elastic projects used by organizations around the world
- Contribute to improving and expanding our security data pipeline across all aspects of software telemetry, data ingest, storage, real-time and batch analytics, and data-intensive web services
- Learn, evaluate, and implement new data analytics technologies and programming languages. We use a variety of languages in our projects across our tools and services, including Python and TypeScript. Our team regularly researches and incorporates new technologies as our projects call for it.
- Advocate for data-powered services and experiences across the Elastic product portfolio
What You Bring Along:
- Experience writing robust, production code, with a track record of delivering high-quality software products.
- Experience building, deploying and operating web applications or distributed systems in an environment of continuous integration and delivery.
- Excitement for learning and mastering new programming languages and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and able to thrive in a distributed and autonomous environment.
- Passionate about protecting the world’s data from attack.
Nice to have:
Experience with one or more of the following:
- Data streaming / database experience, e.g. Elasticsearch, RDBMS
- Cloud-based, distributed systems and tools, e.g. AWS, GCP, Docker, Terraform
- Expertise in Python, TypeScript, or a strongly typed language such as Java or Scala
- Partnering with data scientists and researchers to improve statistical and ML products
- Endpoint and/or network information security
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave