FloQast (201-500 Employees, 227% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Our Engineering Managers are responsible for building inclusive, collaborative, and customer-focused teams that deliver predictably. They use their technical background to coach and grow team members while also iterating on process improvements that help the teams succeed. Engineering Managers at FloQast also partner closely with Product Management, Design, and other disciplines to focus on the proper outcomes for our customers. This role reports to the Director of Engineering and joins a rapidly growing engineering department and company.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What You'll Do:
- Guide the team with delivery: From discovering the customer problem to the time the problem is solved, our engineering managers work across multiple disciplines to guide the teams in finding iterable, technically sound, high-quality work.
- Create leaders: This Engineering Manager (EM) is responsible for the career and performance of the software and quality engineers they manage to continually coach, mentor, and sponsor them in their growth. The EM is an active partner in each person's success.
- Build out the org with hiring and retention: Work with engineering and recruiting to continue to attract people to join FloQast, and creates the environment on their teams to retain them.
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience with a track record of leading software engineering teams to deliver products to a paying customer base
- 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor/software engineer, preferably using open source software and platforms.
- 5+ years working on teams using Agile methodologies and an iterative process (Scrum, Kanban, XP) to deliver software to market.
- A passion for software quality, TDD, DevOps & CI/CD, Agile, Lean Software Engineering, Continuous Improvement, fostering a culture of learning, servant leadership, and other means to guide technical teams.
- Experience managing more than one software engineering team simultaneously.
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, and hiring personnel in software engineering roles on your teams.
- Experience managing and coaching individuals' performance through review processes and providing guidance and feedback to help team members grow professionally.
- Experience leading and managing teams and working remotely.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative orientation.
- Experience managing and leading quality engineering personnel.
- Experience working on SaaS products with real, paying customers.
- Hands-on experience in some or all of our stack: MongoDB, Express, React, and Node (MERN).
- Experience with AWS technologies and cloud infrastructure.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
Recognized as a 2021 Technology Fast 500 by Deloitte, FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 1,500 accounting teams, including those at Snowflake, Twilio, Instacart, Zoom, and The Golden State Warriors. In July 2021, FloQast raised a $110 million Series D at a $1.2 billion valuation — and we’re growing!
What We Do
By automating common accounting workflows and helping to streamline and make them more efficient, FloQast is the place where accounting teams want to work so they can focus on what matters most, even when that’s just logging off on time. Whether automating reconciliations, documentation requests, or streamlining recurring accounting processes, such as the month-end close, financial reporting, or payroll, FloQast enhances the way accounting teams already work to help them operate more efficiently. Learn more at FloQast.com.
Here’s Why You Should Apply
– What is engineering working on? Our FQ Engineering Blog showcases a number of our recent efforts straight from the engineers working on them. Check it out!
– When we say our customers’ success is our priority, we’re not lying. Check us out on G2 Crowd and read a few of the 275+ 5-star reviews!
– Why do 95% of reviewers on Glassdoor say they would refer FloQast as an employer to a friend? Maintaining a collaborative, open, and fun company culture regardless of where FloQasters are located can be tricky, but we’re up to the task. Check out what actual FloQast employees have to say on Glassdoor.
– FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
– FloQast is regularly rated as one of the best places to work:
– Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2021
– Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal since 2017
– Built In’s u200bu200bBest Place to Work in Los Angeles since 2018
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.
If you are a Colorado, Connecticut, or New York City resident, please contact us by emailing [email protected] to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email