Salesforce (501+ Employees, 32% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Salesforce has immediate opportunities for very passionate software developers who want their lines of code to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company’s bottom line and the industry. You will be working with a group of world-class engineers to build the breakthrough features our customers will love, adopt and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable. The software engineer role at Salesforce encompasses architecture, design, implementation, and testing to ensure we build products right and release them with high quality.
We are looking for exceptional server-side Software Engineers to help deliver on our Metadata vision of delivering the most secure, performant, accurate, clear and feature rich environments and tools to enable our Lightning Development Community to be highly productive. We focus on delivering consistency, completeness and clarity through our core metadata distribution channels to enable the best application lifecycle management experience possible for both our IT and ISV customers. This is a critical part of our application that helps us create a world-class development environment.
- Work closely with a team of engineers, product managers, and performance engineers to improve and harden existing features our customers love, adopt and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics
- Mentor and support others in our development technologies, tools, and processes
- Master our development process, culture and code base, then improve it
- Operate effectively in the hybrid engineering model where engineers are expected to be able to design and complete the necessary work to ensure quality of the team’s code
- Architect, design, implement, test and deliver highly scalable products
- Present your own designs to internal/external groups and review designs of others
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field, plus 5+ years of relevant experience
- Track record of being a top performer in current and past roles
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming and experience with at least one object oriented programming language (Java, C++, C#, Ruby, Python)
- Good understanding of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL and relational database schema design
- Experience in automated testing including unit and functional testing using Java, JUnit, Jest, JSUnit, Selenium, Mocha and QUnit
- Experience with developer tools like git, Maven and Eclipse IDE
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- English/Spanish proficiency
- Master of Java and experience developing and tuning highly available and scalable server-side applications
- Deep understanding of data structures and algorithms and Object Oriented Programming
- SOAP/REST APIs and general API design
- Strong competency in relational database concepts and SQL
- Experience with Agile software development and test-driven development
- Ability and desire to work with customers to debug issues on any OS
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.