We have built the KONUX Predictive Maintenance System for rail switches, the first AI-based solution for the rail industry. We are looking for a client-focused, dynamic Solution Engineer to join our close-knit team. You will be the subject matter expert supporting sales in best positioning the KONUX system with customers and partners. You help to evolve the product roadmap and feature definition with deep customer, domain and product understanding. You are a Railway Industry expert and continue to position KONUX as a thought leader and provider of transformational products. You will work closely with sales, marketing, product management and engineering teams to position the product and vision to address the customers in the most optimal way. With your deep customer understanding, including maintenance regimes, maintenance tasks, impact on availability etc you become the trusted technical expert at the customer and KONUX. It is our mission to develop the best predictive maintenance solution in the world for our railway clients by providing state-of-the-art technology, support and service for our systems and by surpassing client expectations. You will be based in northern Germany and work remotely.
When pioneering a new technology, the unexpected is expected. Thus, the KONUX Culture includes a growth mindset, resilience and flexibility. This means: seeing setbacks as learning opportunities and encouraging you to drive harder. Improving continuously by failing fast and learning fast. Staying up when the going gets tough. Thinking and acting without barriers within a highly dynamic environment, based on data driven decisions. If you share that culture…Apply and become a part of the KONUX vision: Transform railway operations for a sustainable future!
- Support business development, pre-sales efforts and sales with subject matter expertise for current and future products
- Responsible for scoping, managing and executing customer pilots and proof of transformational values to win technical confidence from customers
- Foster relationships with technical decision makers and influencers at the customers
- Become the trusted technical liaison at future and current customers
- Represent the customer throughout the product definition and development process at KONUX
- Collect customer product feedback and provide it to KONUX Product and Engineering teams including full context on customer’s perspective
- Identify commonalities between customers’ processes and tools to drive KONUX product value proposition towards a common transformative system for the rail industry
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering or a related field, or equivalent hands-on software development experience
- 2-5 years of hands-on technical sales in the rail industry, preferably with a focus on railway infrastructure
- Experience working in a fast paced company transforming an industry
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers, industry experts, partners and strategic third parties
Don’t Apply If
- You do not have any experience in a fast-paced and fast-changing startup environment, where ad-hoc requests have to be balanced with long-term goals
- You are afraid to say “No” or “Why” to your customer for the strategic need.
- You are reluctant to dive into customer organization / process in detail in order to position KONUX transformational value.
Enabling a Data-Driven World
At KONUX, we are empowering the rail industry by building the best possible predictive analytics solutions for our customers. We strive to help industrial companies improve their maintenance and performance decision making in a data-driven world. A career at KONUX is for those who want to be at the forefront of analytics, working to make notable improvements to train reliability which affects hundreds of commuters every day. Our culture prioritizes the customer first, and all employees are expected and empowered to take ownership of their daily responsibilities. If this sounds like the type of environment you thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
At KONUX, we focus on results. We believe that a diverse team achieves better results faster. So here’s the deal: You bring in your very own perspective. We promise to judge your qualifications and performance, not your age, sex, religion, skin color, gender identity, family status or disability.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping a company during its pivotal growth stage alongside a diverse, multinational team
- A competitive salary with equity (all permanent KONUX employees have equity!)
- 27 days (+1 day on every work anniversary for 3 years)
- Remote team events and opportunities to socialize with colleagues also during Covid
- Flexible working conditions and home office equipment