R-Zero Systems (51-200 Employees, 195% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
R-Zero is the first biosafety technology company dedicated to making the indoor spaces we share safer, healthier and more productive. Founded to meet a once-in-a-generation opportunity to rethink how society approaches health in the built environment, we develop the most effective and innovative technologies to create safer, healthier buildings for all. Combining space utilization sensor technology, AI, ML and IoT connected hardware, R-Zero’s intelligent biosafety platform provides first-of-its-kind visibility, automation and smart risk reduction in the indoor environments where humans spend 90% of their time. Today, R-Zero is emerging as a world-leader in delivering category-defining technology to deliver healthier indoor spaces for all.
We are a fast-growing startup, backed by the world-leading experts at Mayo Clinic and thought-leaders across health, hospitality, sports, commercial real estate and impact sectors – including those who have propelled some of the most transformative tech and innovation in history. DBL Partners, World Innovation Lab (WiL), SOSV, and John Doerr have all invested in our vision for a future that prioritizes health in the built environment.
As we grow our team, we’re looking for candidates who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and are motivated to usher in a better future via better buildings. #LI-Remote
The primary responsibility of the Solutions Engineer will be designing, implementing, and managing creative solutions to challenges associated with installing and operating R-Zero’s product suite in high value customer locations.
This role reports to Growth Operations but is cross functional with the Product Development team to maintain tight communication regarding the function, design, and manufacturing of R-Zero’s products. This role also provides insight into capturing customer requests from the field and integrating them into the design of R-Zero’s products. The role may also lead the development of auxiliary products that ease the implementation of R-Zero’s core product offerings–items such as stands, signage, and mounting solutions. You will need to be able to manage projects of various complexity. R-Zero customer solutions can range from simple, technical fixes to large scale solutions with many moving pieces. You’ll need to work with external contractors as necessary for the customer.
This role works hand in hand with Project Management, Customer Success, Sales and installation partners to be the face of the engineering team and leads conversations with those teams regarding customer needs.
This role is an integral part of the sales proposal process. The Solution’s Engineer will guide the site audit process, prescribe specific fixtures and installation locations to best meet the customer’s needs, and work with installation partners to create a viable plan. The Solutions Engineer will also lead the quote generation process following site audits.
This role will also support installation projects, sustaining products and work directly with R-Zero field technicians to diagnose in-field reliability issues. You’ll need to be able to tear down products on-site, perform tests, debug, and diagnose. You’ll work with R-Zero engineering to continually update our products to be the best that they can be.
You need to be comfortable in a fast paced environment, think quickly, know when to ask for help, and be a concise communicator to keep the team informed. Additionally the Solutions Engineer must be comfortable working with customers and foster positive relationships for the company.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering is preferred
- 2+ years in Electrical Engineering, Prototyping, Mechanical Engineering, and/or product development
- Experience in fabrication and/or building trades
- Possesses strong presentation skills and communicates clearly and professionally at various levels both inside and outside the company. We will be creating many more SOPs through learned experience than currently exist.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work based on input from team members.
- Experience working with sales executives or sales teams
- Experience in project management
- An eye for design and aesthetics – we routinely operate in high visibility locations and our clients care that our products look good in their spaces in addition to being highly effective at germicidal deactivation.
- Working knowledge of software and hardware engineering is required to debug solutions
- Familiarity with GD&T, ability to maintain and update technical drawings and specifications is a plus and architectural CAD programs (i.e. Rhino, Revit, etc.)
- Familiarity with electrical schematics and ability to troubleshoot and debug is a plus
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At R-Zero, we specifically look for individuals with diverse strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and mission, while helping us grow as a team and individuals.
You’ll love working at R-Zero because of our:
- High-impact mission and purpose-driven team / culture
- Flexibility to choose how you work – whether it be remote (anywhere in the USA), in our brand new Salt Lake City HQ, or a combination of the two
- Competitive salary, startup equity + incentives
- Excellent healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) covered at 100% for employees, with active enrollment eligibility – so coverage starts on day one
- We’re in the business of improving human health for all, so the health of every employee and their families is key
- 401(k) program with zero waiting period, so you can start investing in your future on day one
- Dedication to deep work on Wednesday – no internal meetings, so you can focus on what’s most important
- Unlimited time off
- Company-sponsored quarterly meetups to connect as a team
Perks are nice, but perks aren’t what makes R-Zero an incredible place to work. It’s our mission, team, and the opportunity to move society forward with impact-driven work that does. At R-Zero, we’re building category-defining technology to solve one of society’s greatest challenges, and our work compels us to show up each day for our customers and our teams, while feeling well supported in our benefits.
Tied to our science-based mission focused on health and safety, R-Zero maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our priority is first and foremost the health and safety of our employees, partners and our community. Please note that R-Zero is an equal opportunity employer and we will comply with applicable law regarding accommodations.