Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an Enterprise Account Engineer who is passionate about helping our largest video customers optimize, operate, and get the best performance out out of their streaming media workloads.
Enterprise Account Engineers work with many AWS services across media workloads from contribution encoding through origination and content delivery. You will apply both product and domain expertise to assist customers in their key workflows through all phases of architectural specification, development, deployment and monitoring for ongoing operations. Working in tandem with a Technical Account Manager specializing in media delivery, Enterprise Account Engineers are key to driving long-term success with key enterprise accounts. You will develop deep technical knowledge on the operational aspects of media workflows and leverage that knowledge to provide expert guidance to ensure our customers achieve operational reliability, resiliency, and scalability for their critical live events.
Depending on a customer’s needs, you may also work closely with specialized Solutions Architects and members of AWS Professional Services. While this role is not expected to develop software within the CloudFront or Elemental Media services, a software development background will be valuable in helping understand complex customer needs and drive software solutions. Most importantly, you have to consistently uphold high standards in proactively guiding customers in all aspects of the engagement.
Key job responsibilities
As an Enterprise Account Engineer specializing in media delivery, you will:
- Act as the primary technical point of contact representing the technical needs of high-value media workflows for key enterprise accounts during live event delivery
- Work across multiple AWS services including video origination and delivery services to drive well architected solutions and ensure the consistently high customers experience with overall content delivery performance
- Interface with customer project managers and technical owners to understand key technical and operations requirements
- Collaborate with Product Managers to define customer technical requirements, helping to advocate for solutions that drive long-term operational success
- Collaborate with CloudFront performance teams to drive key customers’ success initiatives
- Oversee video delivery performance by monitoring both customer and service metrics
- Identify, troubleshoot, mitigate and resolve complex video delivery performance problems
- Own customer-facing and internal communication during production impacting incidents
- Work independently with customer engineering and operations teams
- Build training materials, runbooks, and operational plans to help jump-start a newly forming team
About the team
This role is within the AWS Elemental Customer Success team. Our team builds deep relationships with the top companies in video through which we drive best practices through an architectural and operational lens ensuring our customer’s are set-up for success. We exemplify Customer Obsession working alongside our customers’ engineering and operations teams embedding to be come a trusted advisor and team member.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience with CDNs (e.g AWS CloudFront, Akamai, EdgeCast, Fastly) or commensurate experience with underlying technologies including networking, DNS, HTTP, and/or TCP/IP.
- 3+ years of experience in systems engineering or technical operations support, with some customer-facing responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience (and demonstrated credibility) working in a technical role within a software engineering-focused business
- 3+ years of experience with content delivery networks (CDNs) (e.g. AWS CloudFront , Akamai, EdgeCast, Level 3, Limelight) or content origination.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, primarily regionally
- Experience with Cloud Computing, especially Amazon Web Services
- Ability to understand and communicate business and technical needs
- Excellent communication skills including facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent hardware/software problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner with minimal guidance
- Ability to interact with and influence technical personnel at all levels
- 2+ years’ software engineering experience
- Willingness to work closely with customers during live events
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.