Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? We apply advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that delight our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
Amazon Robotics is located in the greater Boston area, the epicenter of robotics innovation. Our diverse team of engineers come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Having our offices, labs, test floors and factories all co-located means that we can design the hardware, write the code, test, build and watch it all come to life. This allows us to innovate quickly and on limitless ideas. Current advancements are underway in autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
The Robotics Operations and Supply Chain organization sources and manufactures a portfolio of robotics technology and is responsible for getting the right materials to the right place at the right time to support our network of global fulfillment and transportation solutions. It’s an operation that works cross-functionally with teams across the globe, and is driven by data and metrics.
The Supply Chain team is seeking an experienced Sr. Global Commodity Manager with a background in global supplier management, new supplier introduction, supplier development, and executing sourcing decisions to support new product introduction programs and long-term commodity strategy. The successful candidate for this position will be self-managing and driven to achieve defined supplier management and program goals.
The Sr. Global Commodity Manager has an important role in ensuring their respective commodity and suppliers meet the technical and commercial specifications necessary for Robotics to satisfy its internal Manufacturing Operations, Supplier Quality, Supply Chain, and Hardware Engineering customers.
Key job responsibilities
- Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
- This candidate will work collaboratively with multiple business functions in a team environment and will be responsible for the following:
- Managing overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability, capacity planning, contracting, risk mitigation, and cost and quality improvements.
- Collaborating with technical operations, engineering, and program teams on new product introduction programs to define standard and custom product requirements to ensure that sourcing strategies meet the technical capabilities, cost, and business objectives.
- Developing efficient and accurate mechanisms for communicating forecast and capacity requirements for sustaining and new products.
- Supporting the purchasing and planning teams by monitoring supplier performance and addressing supply and/or quality issues.
- Aligning supplier strategies to Robotics objectives for sustaining production and new product release.
- Developing a commodity and supplier technology roadmap, aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
- Responsible for maintaining monthly supplier scorecards and conducting quarterly executive business reviews.
- Periodic travel to supplier’s domestic and international manufacturing sites, approximately 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain, commodity management, and supplier management in a high volume, global sourcing and operations manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of direct experience working with a global supply base of high volume electro-mechanical and/or robotic arm contract manufacturers.
- Ability to review and understand engineering requirements and design documents for mechanical and electro-mechanical parts.
- Experience developing, leading, and executing global supplier cost, risk, and lead time reduction strategies.
- Experience with contract negotiation and execution with high volume domestic and internationally based contract manufacturers.
- Demonstrated use of technical, analytical, and management skills to lead RFQs, supplier selection, supplier capacity planning, and supplier risk identification/mitigation in NPI programs.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial or Operations Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple stakeholders, responsibilities, and delivering multiple first-of-their-kind programs with aggressive schedules.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office tools, Tableau analytics, and ERP/PLM Systems.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $147,900 – $200,100 (yr). Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $173,000 – $233,500 (yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.