Oportun (501+ Employees, 76% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Senior IT Auditor will participate in internal audit projects under the supervision of the Technology Audit Manager or Sr. Director of Internal Audit. Assist in the execution of key areas of each audit engagement. Develop and maintain client relationships, assisting in explaining the audit process and scope, keeping management apprised of audit progress and issues, and effectively delivering audit results. Stay abreast of company technology strategies and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of audit approach. The IT Senior Auditor will also perform validation procedures over corrective action plans and will assist the Internal Audit Technology Manager or Sr. Director in other departmental initiatives, as needed. He or she will work directly with all internal management levels as well as internal consultants and external auditors. The candidate should be detail oriented and have strong organizational and relationship building skills.
His/her responsibilities will also include the following:
- Assist in preparation for engagement risk assessment, planning and audit scope development as necessary.
- Develop work program, in consultation with the manager, for efficient tests of controls and substantive testing where appropriate.
- Execute specific areas of a project, performing audit work using the standard audit methodology to evaluate risk, determine control objectives, and verify extent to which client techniques meet objectives.
- Document test results in work papers ready for review by the manager.
- Inform audit manager of project status and results.
- Interact with management to assess audit findings including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism. Keep manager informed of audit findings and assist business partners with the development of Management Action Plans to mitigate weaknesses and evaluate
- adequacy of management’s response.
- Perform testing to validate the corrective action taken by management in response to audit issues.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills and demonstrate these skills during the audit process to the appropriate level of management.
- Demonstrate understanding of Oportun’s and Internal Audit’s strategic vision, be a self-starter, and responsible for actions promoting this strategic vision.
- Interact with Audit project team members in working towards departmental goals.
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems, business, accounting or related field required.
- 3+ years of internal audit experience, preferably with a financial services institution, or Big 4 assurance experience.
- CISA, CIA and/or other relevant professional certification highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience executing audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Experience evaluating controls associated with complex technology processes.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is an A.I.-powered digital banking platform that seeks to make financial health effortless for anyone. Driven by a mission to provide inclusive and affordable financial services, Oportun helps its nearly 1.5 million hardworking members meet their daily borrowing, savings, banking, and investing needs. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $12 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2 billion in interest and fees, and automatically helped members set aside more than $7.2 billion for rainy days and other needs. In recognition of its responsibly designed products, Oportun has been certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) since 2009.
With headquarters in California and a remote-first corporate culture, our 3,000+ team members work in Oportun locations and remotely throughout the United States, Mexico, and India.u202f Our global operations include our Mexico contact centers and administrative offices, our India technology development center, and our US corporate, technology, and retail operations.
We are proud to have been named a “Top Workplace” by the Bay Area News Group for three consecutive years, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World for 2020 and recognized as one of TIME Magazine’s 2018 Genius Companies Reinventing the Future.