CrowdStrike (501+ Employees, 104% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Team:
You’ll be joining our MacOS Platform Sensor team supporting CrowdStrike’s flagship Falcon endpoint protection platform. This team is responsible for core sensor components both in kernel and user space (C++, Swift). We build and maintain the MacOS sensor, creating and/or building a platform for products and features like Zero Trust Assessment, On Sensor Machine Learning for Malware prevention, Falcon Insight, Falcon Prevent, Falcon Firewall Management, Falcon Device Control, etc.: products that empower customers with prevention, detection, and response capabilities.
About the Role:
CrowdStrike Falcon Host is a two-component security product. One component is a “sensor”: a driver installed on client machines that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon Host cloud. The sensor processes thousands of events per second to provide deep visibility into operations on the endpoint, and performs rich correlation and computation to identify malicious events and blocks malicious activity.
The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer’s network, correlates malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers’ operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.
This is a macOS Engineer role in the engineering team that delivers the sensor (lightweight agent) on macOS. Engineers in the team own design and development of core features on the platform. Features will cross-cut most core OS subsystems such as file system, memory, process, and networking. Many features are also built in a way that they will have shared components across Windows and Linux. The team operates under the Agile development principles and ships frequently.
- Design and develop software for deployment on macOS systems
- Own features from design to delivery
- Collaborate with multi-functional team in various physical locations
- Troubleshoot issues with the product as reported from customers responsively
- Other projects as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- Can develop high-quality code in C/C++ and Swift, and can demonstrate that capability, through job experience, schoolwork, or contributions to community projects
- Experience on macOS developing product code with the following characteristics:
- high concurrency requirements needing strong use of multi-threading
- high reliability requirements
- detailed requirements on low-level operating characteristics (memory usage, efficient performance, correct conformance to external standards)
- Experience working on a team to ship major features and releases
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants in Colorado the salary range is $145,000 – $230,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states.