Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Come build the future of entertainment with us! Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies – all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business – available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
Are you interested in shaping the future of sports broadcasting? Do you want to define the next generation of how Amazon customers are watching live sports?
If so, you could be the right person for the Senior Program Manager role on the Prime Video Live Events team, leading the expansion of Live Sports Broadcasts in the US by bringing new sports leagues to Prime Video.
Key job responsibilities
• Be directly responsible for the programmatic structure, operationalization, and performance of Live Events CX features
• Lead, develop, and manage a team of program managers
• Establish goals, plans and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve live events objectives
• Work cross functionally with product management, engineering, marketing, business and finance teams to deliver an unparalleled customer experience
• Develop a deep understanding of Live Event’s suite of CX features, influencing what a good content experience looks like.
• Work cross functionally with operations and business teams to define, drive and optimize the quality, speed and partner experience of our onboarding processes.
• Work with product management and engineering to automate and systematize this program into self-service technology and features.
A day in the life
You will lead the team to define and execute the programs to bring new sports leagues to Prime Video and launch live events for our customers in North America. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. A successful candidate will have a proven track record in building teams to take on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
About the team
The team’s core mission is to manage programs and workflows associated with delivering live content to Amazon customers. This involves interacting with sports media and metadata partners, managing workflows through the publishing process, and defining operational procedures with the goal of bringing highly engaging sports content to Prime Video customers. In addition to continuously driving and improving execution of this core mission, you will work closely with cross-functional counterparts in product management, engineering, content acquisition, operations, and executive teams to ensure the teams and systems are supporting the broader growth of our business, launching new features, developing and growing business opportunities, and enhancing our customer experience.
This role can be based in most corporate locations with preference in Seattle WA, Arlington VA, Austin TX, NYC NY, Los Angeles CA, or be virtual
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years of experience working in a large global organization
• 5+ years experience building and leading teams to achieve bold short, medium and long-term goals
• Demonstrated ability to manage partner relationships, influencing directly and via a team
• Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence and engage senior executives
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
• MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
• Ability to work effectively, navigate change management and ambiguity.
• Experience managing a team directly, and influencing teams globally.
• Experience and understanding of digital media and/or digital video supply chain
• Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior in order to drive new feature development
• Preferred work experience in a fast paced online environment •
• Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
• Experience managing, getting things done, and communicating relevant results to senior management
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.