Dell Technologies (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Sr Principal Sustaining Engineer-Telco Solutions
The Telecom Systems Business (TSB) Solutions Engineering team are responsible for sustaining support of Dell Technologies 5G MEC, RAN and Core software applications. They lead the timely analysis of potential product defects either through formal escalations from regional Technical Support teams or from hands-on experience. Often working at the cutting edge, Sustaining Engineers work cross-functionally with other engineering teams and selected technology partners to support software for platforms, applications, and diagnostics – all with the most advanced trouble shooting technologies, monitoring and management tools, and analysis and problem resolution methodologies.
Telecom Systems Business Unit
The Telecom Systems Business Unit is creating products and solutions that cater to the worldwide telecommunications market, which is exploding with new and exciting opportunities made possible by new developments such as 5G, Internet of Things, and virtualized radio access networks (RANs). The market consists of communication service providers, managed service providers, hosting companies, content delivery network companies, cloud service providers, and consumer/enterprise web-technology providers.
What you’ll achieve
As a Sr Principal Sustaining Engineer, you will engage with external customers and collaborate with quality, services, customer support and sustainment teams to provide high-level support of Dell’s cutting-edge 5G products and solutions. This position is open to remote workers in the US with a requirement for occasional travel to Austin, TX or Hopkinton, MA.
- Be a subject matter expert with the ability to deploy, monitor and troubleshoot Dell’s 5G Core, RAN and Edge/MEC Telecom products portfolio
- Collaborate with Dell’s customer service teams to diagnose product issues and engage in triaging, resolution tracking and performance tuning
- Represent the Voice of the Customer User (VOC-U) in both reactive and proactive efforts
- Foster mutually beneficial strategic alliances with customers through in-depth analysis, coordination, and collaboration (occasional travel to customer sites will be required)
- Provide design guidance and recommendations for enhancements to subsequent releases
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 12+ years of software product support experience, must include experience with wireless Telecom products and architectures (preferably at a service provider and/or equipment vendor)
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift, VMware (Tanzu TCP) and/or Wind River, virtualization product configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting
- Experience with networking and communications technologies such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, iSCSI, Firewalls, Network Switches/Routers; experience with tools such as Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, Confluence, MS Teams
- Experience in Failure Analysis, escalation management and documentation
- Experience with software product configuration, log analysis and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, SQL, Containerization, Kubernetes, and system orchestration products using protocols like Redfish/WSMAN to manage Servers and REST/SNMP/CLIs to manage networking devices
- Knowledge of network security and data protection
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.