Dell Technologies (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer-Telcom
Our customers’ system requirements are usually highly complex. Bringing together hardware and software systems design, Systems Development Engineering operates at the very cutting edge of technology to meet them. We design and develop electronic and electro-mechanical or systems-orientated products, conduct feasibility studies on engineering proposals and prepare installation, operation and maintenance specifications and instructions. We’re proud to deliver programs and products to the highest quality standards, on time and within budget.
We are looking for talented, driven, self-starter individuals to join our Telco Systems business unit engineering team. This role requires a demonstrated ability to conduct code development, test, and delivery for Dell’s telco products and solutions offerings.
The Telcom Systems BU creates products and solutions catering to the worldwide telecommunications market, which is exploding with new and exciting opportunities offered by new developments such as 5G, Internet of Things, and virtualized radio access networks (RANs). The market consists of communication service providers, managed service providers, hosting companies, content delivery network companies, cloud service providers and consumer/enterprise web-technology providers. The engineering team works closely with key service providers customers worldwide, which, taken together, represent about 70% of the market. Collaboratively, we create production-worthy offerings that are unique, cutting-edge, and shape this emerging market. With each success we achieve, we push the envelope more for our customers and then rinse and repeat!
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer, you will create and deliver Telcom solutions to enable our customers to offer services. You will also work closely with our world-class product management team to define and roadmap the offerings.
- Design and test 5G solutions for Telco customers
- Be a technical expert to help guide projects from technology ideation through delivery to customers
- Drive integration and adoption of Dell products within partner ecosystem and create a better application integration
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here is what we are looking for in this role.
- 12+ years of systems development experience; must include experience with 4G/5G and Telecom product architectures and solutions
- Background designing and deploying Telco networks using Cloud Native Software Methodologies; must have expertise in Automation, Performance, Lifecycle Management and Public/Hybrid Cloud Architectures
- Experience with containers/Kubernetes, OpenStack, SUSE, microservices, and 5G network emulation technologies
- Knowledge of CI/CD Pipelines,
- Strong communication skills and an ability to articulate technical vision while understanding business requirements
- Ability to collaborate with customers to understand problem statements/use cases and map them to tangible technical requirements
- Familiarity with RedHat OpenShift, VMware TCP, Wind River or SUSE products
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.