GoFormative / Formative (51-200 Employees, 575% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Formative is seeking a Sr. Product Designer UX/UI to help us empower millions of teachers and students. The growing design team is at the forefront of this endeavor, understanding end users and shaping our all-in-one platform to help teachers reach every student. Formative makes it easy to understand student progress and adapt lessons, differentiate instruction and improve outcomes.
We champion a thriving environment of collaboration, authenticity and healthy critique, in which we honor diversity of thought, create a culture of belonging, and elevate one another. If you’re an innovator and strategic designer who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and shape the future of the classroom, we would love to hear from you.
*This position is 100% remote. Formative is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. We can only consider applicants residing in the US and in the following states where Formative is registered: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MO, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA.
- Design intuitive experiences across desktop and mobile – delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Collaborate with UX, product management, engineering, and marketing to understand users, translating that understanding into design artifacts that shape thinking and guide development
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Support user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- A degree in Interaction Design or related discipline (User Experience Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design) preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience in interactive design experience.
- Strong visual design/layout/typography skillset.
- Mastery of Figma and other prototyping and design collaboration tools
- Familiarity with web-based technologies, CSS, HTML, JS etc…
- Ability to document user experience and interactivity through wireframes, flowcharts, screenshots, design specifications, and demos.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and iterate designs.
- Strong problem solving, creative, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience mentoring other designers
- Experience working with other User Experience disciplines (User Research, Visual Design, and User Assistance), Technical disciplines (PM, Dev, Test), as well as Business and Marketing.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and willingness to take on new challenges and risks
- Highly collaborative and can work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of problem solving and applying user-centered design principles: concept sketches, user stories, interaction flows, prototypes, design specifications for development, and UI mockups for desktop and mobile. Examples of both methodology and production assets are highly encouraged
The following benefits apply to full-time employees based in the US.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Generous 401k Company Match
- Company stock ownership
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
Formative, is an all in one platform that helps educators capture student responses in real-time, to provide immediate feedback and track student progress. Used by 50K+ teachers and 1M+ students every week, Formative’s mission is to empower educational partners to accelerate learning by eliminating the need for summative assessments. Today, teachers from over 10,000 school districts across the US and the world have signed up for Formative, driving thousands of learning institutions to upgrade to more powerful partner status. We are on a mission to bring this transformative learning approach to more teachers and students and to contribute to a stronger education system.
Formative is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All applicants will need to be able to work in the U.S. and present proof of authorization to work in the U.S. as a condition of employment. We are not able to provide sponsorship (H-1B visa, etc.) for employment at Formative.