CrowdStrike (501+ Employees, 107% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Role:
The CrowdStrike Intelligence Team is seeking a motivated security researcher with excellent technical skills. Security Researchers within the Advanced Research Team (ART) will be expected to apply a broad set of skills to support the CrowdStrike Intelligence mission. ART is responsible for researching and publishing on topics related to information security, providing technical expertise to other teams within CrowdStrike Intelligence, developing tools to support analysts in their day-to-day duties, and collecting technical artifacts about adversary activity.
Aside from working on longer-term research and collection projects, ART security researchers will be required to provide unique solutions on short notice to serve ad-hoc needs by other teams within CrowdStrike Intelligence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and operate honeypots to identify and detect adversary activity and TTPs
- Extend and improve our internal honeypot platform
- Develop automated solutions for processing and analyzing data at scale, e.g. malware samples, network traffic, or scanning data
- Reproduce emerging vulnerabilities and provide actionable technical information
- Perform vulnerability research, e.g.
- analyze vendor patches to recover information about vulnerabilities and
- identify new vulnerabilities in applications or products
- Stay on top of current information security topics
- Publish research results on the CrowdStrike blog or at conferences
- Collaborate across other teams at CrowdStrike Intelligence and beyond to inform on information security topics
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Solid software development experience in Python and low-level languages (in C for example)
- Solid understanding of Linux and Microsoft Windows operating system internals
- Solid understanding of network protocols
- Ability to work remotely, in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, creativity and strong analytical skills to investigate, assess, validate, and think outside the box
- Information security background
- Experience in vulnerability research and exploit development
- Experience with mobile platforms and operating systems (e.g. Android, iOS)
- Experience with the Go and Rust programming languages
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in Information Security/Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or a related field
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact [email protected], for further assistance.