Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Amazon Devices and Services team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle and Alexa family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Amazon Echo, Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Echo Show, Echo Spot, and more, and delivering towards unprecedented outcomes in Satellite-based communications and autonomous transportation. What will you help us create?
Are you interested in being part of a top-notch offensive security team covering Amazon devices (including Kindle, FireTV, Halo health band, Astro robots, Kuiper Satellites and ecosystem, Echo family of devices, etc.) and services providing exciting experiences to customers? If you want to keep customers data safe through creative innovations, we have a job for you!
Key job responsibilities
Amazon’s Devices and Service Security team is growing and looking for strong senior technical program manager. In this role, you will:
- Engage with senior cross functional stakeholders to conceive and design innovative security programs with a focus on device or services security.
- Set mechanisms to continuously track the security work performed by the team and their overall health demonstrated via key security metrics and preparing regular security operational review reports for leadership review on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Directly represent our organization to business leaders and technical staff at all levels of the company
- Coordinate security risk and exception tracking across multiple teams, organizations and services
- Identify areas of improvements needed for operational excellence in the team and own the execution of Security campaigns end-to-end
- Work to streamline comprehensive team methodology documentation and improve overall knowledge management
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
- Master’s degree or advanced technical degree in engineering discipline
- Experience supporting Red Team or penetration testing campaigns in large, complex organizations
- Experience partnering and influencing cross functional engineering teams to drive security improvements in complex products
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and drive actions
- Experience in specific security domain areas such as Red Teaming and offensive security, security intelligence, risk and vulnerability remediation on embedded, hardware or services oriented architecture
- Deep knowledge of Cloud security principles (preferably AWS)
- Deep knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.