Timescale (51-200 Employees, 282% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Timescale is building the world’s next great database company on top of industry-standard PostgreSQL and we need your help! As a test automation engineer you will design and implement tooling, frameworks, and systems for writing, running tests and reporting/analyzing test results. You will Implement test scenarios from component level to system tests including testing integration of our database solution with other systems (managed service, cloud).
You would be working closely with our core database developers to ensure we can release our product with constant high quality. Find bugs before the end users. Provide devs with tooling and incentives to stay on the happy path of delivering quality and elegant code.
- Design and implement infrastructure to drive test automation. Continually improve, optimize, and test the system that you build.
- Develop and execute overall testing strategies (functional, non-functional) including test plans, test scripts, test automation, test cases and reports. You will ensure reliability of the test results.
- Provide valuable feedback to our product management and development teams through the issues you’ve found
- Document and evaluate test results and defects; track and manage defects from discovery to resolution
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Experience with designing and writing test automation pipelines and scripts.
- Good communication skills verbally and in writing.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems, tools such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving while being a relentless advocate of the “quality mindset”
- Experience in C programming and debugging tools (reading stack traces, function pointers, data structures, and be able to extract information as needed for testing)
- Experience working with cloud services (AWS would be ideal)
- Experience in SQL (especially PostgreSQL) is highly desirable (but not required).
- Confidence with Linux environments
- Experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Python
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a fully-remote environment
- Experience with Quality Assurance of database systems (especially PostgreSQL)
- Experience with performance testing and benchmarking
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes)
- Experience working with cross-platform codebases (32-bit/64-bit, amd64/arm64)
- Working in an Agile Software development environment
- ISTQB certification
- Understanding of C memory management