HashiCorp (501+ Employees, 115% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
US or Canada (Remote); #LI-RF1, #LI-Remote
Meet the Team
The Hashicorp Labs team is a small and agile team that sits in the Office of the CTO. We explore a broad range of ideas, from internal projects that improve the efficiency and velocity of our internal teams to outside of the roadmap product ideas that benefit our users. We work cross-functionally to validate ideas, ensure alignment to HashiCorp’s product strategy, and enable a successful launch of new products or features.
What We Do
Our goal is to help incubate ideas at HashiCorp. We want to allow ideas from any part of the company to be surfaced, incubated, and potentially graduated. The Labs team provides the framework and process for evaluating ideas, rapidly creating prototypes, and testing new solutions.
The team is currently focused on building internal tools and products for folks at HashiCorp to help them be more productive in their day-to-day lives.
What You’ll Do
You will join the Labs team to focus on building internal tools and products written in Ember.js. As an engineer that is passionate about Design and User Experience, you’ll help design, mockup, prototype, and implement UI features for internal tools.
We’re a very collaborative team working in a collaborative company. This means you will collaborate with the other teams at HashiCorp and work closely with them to solve problems and find solutions.
You’ll validate product ideas, gather feedback, and iterate to improve the internal tools and products. We quickly learn from our work as we rapidly prototype and then pivot based on user feedback and discovered constraints.
Your Roadmap to Success
Your First 30-Days
- Onboarding with the team and the company
- Familiarize yourself with the HashiCorp codebases, including current Labs projects
- Start contributing in the form of bug fixes, small code changes, and UI components for internal projects
- Review pull requests and documents from other team members
Your First 90-Days
- Get familiar with the HashiCorp design system components
- Take lead on UI-related features and bugs for internal projects
- Contribute to UI components using Ember.js for internal projects
- Design mockups for upcoming milestones for internal projects
- Participate in team meetings
- Partner with the team to prioritize features and bugs for internal projects
- Collaborate with the team to flush out proposals for upcoming projects
- Build relationships with other frontend engineering, designers, and design system team to help integrate the learnings from the conversations to existing internal projects
- Work with the team to define goals for upcoming team projects
- Possibly contribute to HashiCorp’s Design System
- Create an easier way to help bootstrap UI-related components for internal projects at HashiCorp
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.