Rover / Rover.com (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We’re an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world’s most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re hiring a versatile, highly experienced UX Researcher to help drive the research function at Rover. As a member of the User Experience team, your research will help define the customer experience for our primary services and emerging international markets. The success of our marketplace is rooted in understanding and designing for trust – both online and offline. At its core, the UX team focuses on creating and nurturing meaningful relationships between pet owners and providers centralized around pet care and safety.
As a senior researcher, you will be responsible for defining leading and managing research efforts that shape the holistic platform-agnostic Rover experience. You are passionate about mentoring other researchers/designers/peers and evangelizing the role of research within an organization. Your research will empower product groups with rich, actionable insights and help determine the future of pet care.
- You will define, drive and execute on the research roadmap working closely with individual product groups.
- Conduct formative and evaluative research supporting the entire product lifecycle.
- Drive and provide support for research: ethnographic studies, contextual inquiry, concept testing, usability testing, interviews and surveying.
- Package research learnings into actionable insights to influence or shape product direction and strategy.
- Help inform the long term vision and experience for the platform.
- 5+ years of industry UX Researcher, Analyst or similar role experience.
- Experience working on global products with customers located in North America & Europe.
- Ability to talk through experiences where your research activities influenced product direction or strategy.
- Expert knowledge of multi-method research methodologies that span the product development lifecycle from concept to launch, generative research, evaluative concept/prototype/product testing, surveying, etc.
- Extensive experience with research design and statistical analysis related to hypothesis testing – in particular, sample size evaluation and confidence in results.
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Experience in leveraging research tools such as Maze, Survey Monkey, UserTesting etc.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.