Mattermost (51-200 Employees, 14% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking a strategic thinking, achievement oriented, and service driven Staff Accountant to help manage global payments and collections and perform a variety of other accounting functions. The ideal candidate must manage and process a high volume of data in a complex multi-entity, multi-jurisdiction environment. This role requires a comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, policies & procedures and will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing basic financial reports. Attention to detail and strong organizational skills will be critical to this role. The Staff Accountant will manage various functional accounting areas and gain exposure to ad hoc initiatives and projects.
- Prepare and review month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and provide monthly close deliverables
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, and/or payment discrepancies
- Manage disbursements, including check runs, wires and voucher payments
- Communication with vendors or customers to reconcile outstanding balances
- Ensure invoices, cheque requests, employee expense claims are appropriately supported, coded and approved
- Managing the accounts payable email inbox and directing/responding as required
- Respond to employees internal inquiries on PO related inquiries in a timely manner
- Maintain office accounting policies and procedures and implement best practices
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies for areas of responsibility
- Compile data for monthly and quarterly financial reporting cycles
- Assist in any accounting related system implementations
- Participate in special projects, analysis and reporting as required by management.
- 3+ years of operational accounting experience, including experience within AP/AR functions handling high volumes of data
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication (written and verbal), and analytical skills, a must
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a degree, CA, CPA or similar educational designation
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia – Bangladesh – Brazil – Canada – Chile – Colombia – Finland – Georgia – Germany – Greece – India – Ireland – Mauritius – Mexico – Norway – Pakistan – Philippines – Poland – Portugal – South Africa – Spain – South Korea – Turkey – Uganda – Ukraine – United Kingdom – United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!