Apollo GraphQL (201-500 Employees, 356% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As a product designer at Apollo, you’ll work closely with a team of PMs, engineers, and other functions from around the company to translate user needs into design work that is functional and appealing. Design at Apollo is still a relatively new function. You will play a role in helping to define the discipline, creating foundational components for our design system, and owning features from end-to-end.
Apollo is building tools that help product developers build and ship innovative experiences to their customers. We’re at the heart of a significant shift in web and mobile application development. We're building the tools needed to develop a data graph in productive and efficient ways, making your system's data both easier to work with internally and easier to access for use cases beyond just development.
What you will do
- You’ll report to the Director of Design and also closely partner with other company stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design and documentation for new components for Space Kit, Apollo’s budding design system.
- Lead the design of features and deliver high-quality work for Apollo Studio by participating in user-research, writing product documents, creating low and high-fidelity design comps, and working with engineering teams to bring features to market.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners representing design at Apollo, providing and seeking feedback, and participating in planning.
- Collaborate with the Director of Design to define new processes that drive efficiency in working with the Product Design organization.
- You have an excellent portfolio showcasing a strong foundation in typography, visual design and interaction design. Additionally, you have case studies that demonstrate the lifecycle of design and your impact.
- You have experience in product design organizations and working cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to develop strategy and rationale for new features and product directions.
- You have experience with user research methods and artifacts, such as card sorting, user interviews, journey mapping, and others.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can adequately explain design decisions and rationale grounded design and usability principles, even to team members who do not share that background.
- You’re an excellent facilitator, guiding the team through ideation, research, and the natural ambiguity that occurs when defining a new feature.
- Bonus, but not required: you are familiar with code development tools like GitHub, and have a general understanding of HTML, CSS, and the overall technical aspects of building for the web.
This position can be done from anywhere with US time zones.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.