Platform Science (201-500 Employees, 96% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role:
We are looking for a qualified Software Development Engineer In Test to join our team in San Diego, CA. You will be hired to ensure quality and stability of our embedded connected vehicle devices.
Our stack is wide, diverse, and evolving. As a SDET, you are eager to take on multiple languages, frameworks. You are versed in Agile/Scrum methodologies and are comfortable with giving and taking technical direction.
Our primary business logic is currently Python, Go, Kotlin and Java. There’s a lot of surface area to work on!
If all this sounds like a challenge you’re ready and willing to embrace then let’s chat ASAP!
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience writing test automation code (Python, GoLang or Kotlin)
- Experience testing at all levels (API, Functional, Integration, Stress/Load, User Simulation)
- Experience testing on Linux and Android
- Experience with automation using Jenkins
- Understanding of RESTful and MQTT architectures
- Understanding of automated hardware labs including mobile and embedded devices
- Experience writing end-to-end tests across platforms
- Experience conducting load and performance testing
- An automation first testing mindset
- Experience reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Good technical foundation with ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly
- Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing
- Acute attention to detail
- An ability to think up new ways to break our applications
- A commitment to software craftsmanship and things like code review, design patterns, etc
- Quality as a culture mentality
What will make you stand out:
- Test Reporting: TestRai (website, API)
- Logs/Metadata storage: Artifactory (website, API)
- Bug Reporting / Automated Analysis: JIRA (website, API)
- Automated Documentation Publishing: Confluence/Wiki (Api)
- Caching / message passing: JSON (text), Protobuf (binary)
- Experience creating automated test frameworks from scratch
- GoLang Experience
- Kotline Experience
- Bluetooth Low Energy, WiFi experience
- TestRail / Python integration experience
- Working with large hardware stress racks
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (some plans for employees are 100% covered by Platform Science)
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous paid time off and company holidays
- 12 weeks of parental leave for new parents
- 401k matching
- One time work from home stipend to help make a comfortable home office
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Investment in your professional growth in the company
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.