Tenable (501+ Employees, 33% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Tenable is looking for a Staff Software Backend Engineer having a strong experience in building reliable and performant APIs for complex SaaS platforms. This is a remote role that can be based anywhere on the East Coast of the United States.
Tenable’s core mission is to empower all organizations to understand and reduce their Cybersecurity risk. With the emergence of cloud-oriented applications, Tenable enables companies to measure their exposure and react to the modern threats. By applying to this position, you will be joining the team in charge of protecting cloud identities.
Your main role will be to own the design and the implementation of the framework aiming at collecting cloud assets to review their current security state. As part of this position, you will have to deal with scalability and real-time processing challenges. Part of the Engineering department, your work will eventually lead to a totally new product designed to face the evolution of threat actors.
You will report directly to the Feature lead and will play a pivotal role in the future of Tenable’s products by building the foundation of a new cloud-oriented security.
Requirement: Remote, East Coast, United States
As a Tenable Staff Engineer Software Engineer, you will oversee the technical design and the implementation of a new code and APIs a for large-scale SaaS
Innovate: As an organization, we run an “Innovation Sprint” at the start of every quarter where engineers can work on their own ideas for features or try out new technologies. You can demo your work in front of the rest of the company and pair up with people from other teams.
Learn new things: We provide a training budget for you to attend conferences or workshops.
Raise the bar: We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves, our tech stack, and our product’s features. Bring your ideas and experiences to the table and help make a lasting impact.
Collaborate: Work closely with Product Managers, other engineers, designers, and stakeholders to continuously iterate on our products and drive consensus. You will have the opportunity to support and mentor your peers inside and out.
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years as a backend software engineer working on SaaS cloud applications
- 6+ Experience with Java and/or Kotlin
- AWS Services
- GitHub/Git branching strategies is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of building REST APIs
- Strong skills in designing and developing reliable, scalable microservices
- Ability to model complex domain problems in either a relational or non-relational paradigm
- Proven engineering skills (code design and quality, tests, reviews, logging, monitoring, continuous integration, DevOps)
- Extensive experience with some of the following: Monitoring and alerting tools (ELK, Datadog, PagerDuty, Splunk), SQL & NoSQL Data Storage solutions (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Cockroach, Elasticsearch), and Event Store / Messaging Systems (Kafka, SQS, SNS)
- Knowledge of modern DevOps services (Kubernetes, Jenkins, Gradle, Prometheus, etc.)
- Versatile architecture skills, Dev culture and eager to learn new technologies
- Accountability for the behavior of your software in production
- Experience coaching and leading mid-level and junior staff in the design, implementation, and execution of highly technical development projects
- Experience in working in an Agile team, and an enthusiasm for working collaboratively within and across product teams
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team, and to lead/drive projects as necessary
- The desire to continuously learn and be exposed to new technologies
Remote, East Coast United States
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above – and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams – that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable – through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels