The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
As a Staff Software Engineer – Ingest, you will work alongside cross functional teams of product engineers, scientists and designers to bring the latest machine learning innovations into production. You will focus on our data ingest pipelines and capabilities, ensuring performance, data quality, and core capabilities meet downstream team’s needs.
From your first day, you might…
- …architect and extend scalable ingest pipelines to ingest, analyze, and understand large volumes of data
- …partner with feature teams to design an information retrieval architecture to analyze and conduct search on documents and graphs
- …develop internal tools to help manage the pipelines and data stores, including facilitating adding new sources, parsing new document types, integrating with third party APIs and backfilling data
- …work on massive datasets, integrating with features such as event and topic detection, relation extraction, summarization, entity recognition, document classification, multilingual NLP and knowledge base generation
Experiences we like
- Experience leading commercial software technical projects end-to-end in an agile environment on any major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Experience with data ingestion and processing systems at scale
- Experience with working with real-time and distributed systems
- 8+ years of shipping production grade software
- Expertise in Python
- Expertise in ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Kafka and Kubernetes
- Data-driven engineering; using metrics to drive decisions and inform performance and cost tradeoffs
- Hands-on DevOps experience with cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Golang, Redis
- Work experience in AI/ML focused companies
What We Offer
- Rapidly growing company, with plentiful opportunities to grow into leadership roles
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, passionate co-workers who want to deliver the best outcomes
- An honest and open environment for the exchange of ideas
- Fortune 50 companies and globally recognized institutions as customers
- Learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Team virtual offsites like escape rooms and company happy hours
- Fun, puzzle-loving office (post covid) in the SF Financial District
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.