SoFi (501+ Employees, 52% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join the SoFi Card Sponsorship team. This is a newly-formed team that will have a huge impact on how SoFi leverages its capabilities as a bank. You will partner with the banking and operations teams to automate, scale, and execute our biggest financial decisions.
On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a solid sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design, and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through the building, deploying, and continual improvement and evolution.
What you’ll do:
- Full development life-cycle design from project requirement to deployment.
- Work on automation and improvement of data exchanges and data pipelines between internal and external teams.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, deliverables, and goals.
- Lead cross-functional delivery teams to ensure deliverables are met.
- Track project performance against defined milestones/goals.
- Conduct process improvement projects to increase performance in vital program metrics.
- Communicate ongoing project health with key stakeholders and business leadership
- Maintain strict compliance with established project management policies and guidelines.
- Take initiative and produce timely results in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Make significant contributions to the code base.
- Define best practices and uphold coding standards.
- Consistently demonstrate extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity. Develops and applies advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories, and concepts. Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty.
- Work within the Engineering team to develop features that specifically benefit our users.
- Must be able to deliver high-quality code on schedule, communicate with groups in and outside the development team.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university
- 6+ years Java programming experience
- 2+ years as a technical lead
- Experience in other programming languages such as Kotlin
- Dev management experience
- Our core stack is Java/ Kotlin/ Spring / PostgreSQL/ React
experience with any or all of the above
- Deep understanding of relational databases including PostgreSQL with JPA/Hibernate.
- Git-based distributed version control systems
- Agile-based project development in a micro-services environment
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- Passion for solving complex problems
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Knowledge in analytics, metrics, and monitoring integrations
- Test-driven development along with unit and integration testing.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, effective on November 1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from any of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related meetings.