SailPoint (501+ Employees, 47% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
THIS IS A REMOTE ROLE
SailPoint is the leader in identity security for the cloud enterprise. Our identity security solutions secure and enable thousands of companies worldwide, giving our customers unmatched visibility into the entirety of their digital workforce, ensuring workers have just the right access to do their job – no more, no less.
SailPoint’s flagship product: IdentityNow is the industry’s first and only comprehensive identity governance product to be truly delivered as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). IdentityNow provides services for access certifications, access request approvals and automated provisioning, password management and separation of duties to connect and centrally control access to every application.
At SailPoint, we understand that a fun-loving work environment can be highly motivating and productive. When smart people work on intriguing problems and they enjoy working together, great things get accomplished. With that philosophy, we’ve assembled the best identity team in the world that is passionate about the firm’s mission.
IdentityNow is seeking seasoned staff software engineers with solid programming expertise in Java and flair for Golang – experienced engineers with a demonstrated history of learning and adopting cloud-native technologies, who are passionate about building and delivering reliable, scalable, observable microservices for enterprise-grade, multi-tenant SaaS products.
You will be part of a growing agile team that is re-architecting the IdentityNow product (while maintaining existing APIs and services in Java); adopting diverse cloud-native technologies (for persistence, messaging, analytical processing – to name a few) and enabling the product to scale seamlessly while providing a performant user experience. You’ll work in a team that is passionate about continuous improvement and agility in a fast-paced environment.
- Drive the architecture, design, implementation, and deployment of efficient, maintainable, robust microservices in Java or GoLang to deliver complex features.
- Collaborate with architects to adopt cloud-native technologies in multi-tenant SaaS applications for seamless scalability.
- Be responsible for the thought leadership, strategy, and direction of the performance and scalability of the IDN services and applications.
- Define and implement reusable frameworks as part of SDLC to identify and address performance and scalability bottlenecks
- Work closely with the engineering teams to identify, report, fix, and validate any performance issues
- Provide technical leadership in the team, coach junior-engineers adopt new technologies and follow best practices in SaaS software engineering
- Research, propose via RFCs, and drive service/application performance improving initiatives within the team and across the larger engineering organization.
- Adopt an iterative, continuous improvement approach to ship and deploy product features.
- Provide technical leadership while collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders on functional requirements, designs, quality, and observability.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience with a demonstrated record of increasing responsibilities.
- Expertise in server-side, object-oriented programming in Java, Spring Boot, and associated frameworks.
- Experience using cloud-native technologies from any of 3 CSPs – AWS/ Azure/ GCP; strong affinity towards AWS
- In-depth knowledge of various performance optimizations on frontend and backend services
- Strong technical background in performance techniques, tools, and understanding of performant and scalable microservices architectures
- Ability to uncover performance issues proactively; forecast system metrics for performance & scalability: Availability, Response times, Throughput, Utilization
- Working experience creating high-performing applications, including profiling and tuning (to boost performance)
- Ability to identify performance issues and find root causes
- Expertise in developing microservices in multi-tenant SaaS application
- Expertise in the design/ implementation of event-driven architecture
- Experience using distributed processing systems such as Spark, Kafka
- Experience using SQL/ NoSQL database technologies
- Great communication skills.
- Experience in AWS services in areas like Application Integration, Persistence, Containers, Serverless Computing
- Experience writing software applications in GoLang.
- Experience in application of data engineering concepts and large-scale data systems/ pipelines.
- Experience using IaaC for dev-managed CI/CD pipelines in the SDLC.
Compensation and benefits
- Experience a Small-company Atmosphere with Big-company Benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k) and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Recharge your batteries with a flexible vacation policy and paid holidays
- Grow with us with both technical and career growth opportunities
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours, family-friendly company events and charitable work
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.